Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
anytime i see detroit plates it makes me think these are test cars. wishfull thinking.
the 15 rs is missing diffuser and has tow hook. IMO. especially cause the euro rs with it. NOT 4 US!!!!!!!! looks like several rs on that trailer.

the nice thing is atleast the multispoke rims are showm on that rs in silver. like those better than the suppposed production black rims.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
It could stop when at a standstill in neutral, clutch engaged (pedal out).

Hit the clutch pedal & the engine fires up so you can move again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see, I thought if every time you came to a stop with the clutch in and the engine shut off would not be good. So only in neutral with the clutch pedal out you would have control of it.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Unless you move to Europe or Asia you will not be able to buy the car with the Recaro CS Shell seats. No side airbags and they were not crash certified to FMVSS standards. The base RS Recaro seats will be the only ones available here. If you want to import the parts yourself go right ahead, but it won't be cheap. Ford has said the Recaro RS CS Shell seats are for Europe and Asia only.

The wheels on the show car in the USA are the Forged lightweight alloy wheels, the base multi-spoke wheels as shown on the reveal car.

The wheels are only as wide as the ST wheels (8") afaik so it doesn't stick out very far if at all.

Rear Fog light is not an FMVSS requirement, rather an ECE one so it will not be available due to being unnecessary.

Nitrous blue is the RS exclusive color.

Liquid Blue is not available on any Ford, and is the special show car paint used for the reveal of the Ford Performance range only.
Lot's of good info here.

Although the wheel width would have less to do with whether or not they stick out, than the offset and the fact that it has AWD and an unknown suspention set up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ha Ha about American safety, we have to have an airbag for our butthole, for when someone rear ends us in the fog, but rear fogs aren't required here. In the country that essentially gave birth to independent motor vehicle travel .
I am really having trouble with features Ford felt a need to include to out pace the supposed competition with. IMO, 4 things were needed. POWER, AWD (to lay the power down), handling, and style. Hands down, we all know this car will hit the road able to shove you by the back, keep it's footing, and any Foci has looked better than a Subi of EVO. BUT, where are the RS fenders that command attention" Gone in favor of a 'drift mode'. If you need a mode for that, then chances are you shouldn't be tying that. Not to mention "Auto stop/start" No one is contemplating buying this car as a demonstration in economics. Not to mention selectable exhaust noise. Between those 3 features, it's 5 grand worth of useless bunkum that could have went into the 'available factory tune upgrade', so when you get the car, all you have to think about is DRIVING it. "But I want to..." TOO bad. I want to make my 700/month payment, and not regret my purchase. DIG?

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
It does have some useless "upgrades" and those driving aids are on supercars too and the target buyer of the RS isn't 20 year old fan boys but more likely their dads and not everybody is a race car driver so "drift mode" and all those electronic gizmos make it attractive to a larger buyer market that can afford a $40k car. Some will buy this car and not do anything beyond what I can do in my SE which is a crime.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i originally asked about the seats and got the response but after some thinking about the recaro shell seats, dont other oem cars come with the shell seats or similar, for instance the evo or the old r32? not sure just a thought, and maybe someone could clarify.

another point why not give the option for the wheels and color scheme that were on the show car as an option. this is what was shown and people fell in love with?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
i originally asked about the seats and got the response but after some thinking about the recaro shell seats, dont other oem cars come with the shell seats or similar, for instance the evo or the old r32? not sure just a thought, and maybe someone could clarify.

another point why not give the option for the wheels and color scheme that were on the show car as an option. this is what was shown and people fell in love with?
As far as the color goes, that's a Ford Performance show car color only and it's said to be very expensive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a grand down at my dealer in Canada....I get my choice of the first one out of the three they get. Ford dealers get only one, SVT dealers get three! Hope one of them is blue!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
So you won't be able to place an order?
Would suck to pay that much money and not get what you want.
If they ended up getting the three colors you don't want it would be unfortunate.
That being said I can't stand that Nitrous(SP) blue.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Actual physical car in showrooms? This is nowhere else on the net after a search so hard to believe right at this moment.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Actual physical car in showrooms? This is nowhere else on the net after a search so hard to believe right at this moment.
Cars aren't due until some time in spring 2016 in the USA. I doubt we'll see them before February next year. Likely the first cars built this year will go to Europe.

The only thing coming on September 30th officially is the start of the rebirth of an Icon Series:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Unless you move to Europe or Asia you will not be able to buy the car with the Recaro CS Shell seats. No side airbags and they were not crash certified to FMVSS standards. The base RS Recaro seats will be the only ones available here. If you want to import the parts yourself go right ahead, but it won't be cheap. Ford has said the Recaro RS CS Shell seats are for Europe and Asia only.

The wheels on the show car in the USA are the Forged lightweight alloy wheels, the base multi-spoke wheels as shown on the reveal car.

The wheels are only as wide as the ST wheels (8") afaik so it doesn't stick out very far if at all.

Rear Fog light is not an FMVSS requirement, rather an ECE one so it will not be available due to being unnecessary.

Nitrous blue is the RS exclusive color.

Liquid Blue is not available on any Ford, and is the special show car paint used for the reveal of the Ford Performance range only.

the gt350 has what looks like the concept rs recaro seats. those seats should be in the production rs. not the same seats that are in the st.

the contour 18'rims look very similar to the concept rs wheels.

as for the blue paint cmon, i heard to expensive to make. ridiculous. make an affordable blue then. stays with the theme of rs blue of past.

rear fog light, alot of euro cars here in the states have them so why not add it in.

the concept is everything the rs should be. dont water it down.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts