Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rumor has it that I am not the only one looking to sell my focus. Yea mines only 5months old i just really don't like it.
Who else is looking to sell their cars?

Does anyone know the going rate for an 05 ses leather etc. and has about 5thous miles on it?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
check kbb.com and nada.com

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i owe a little under 18grand on it. And KBB said 12 for a trade and like 14 for a private seller. My car was 21,908 when i bought it 5 months ago.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If you buy a new car, you dont make any money when you turn around and sell it the same year. Cars depreciate the time you take it off the lot.

And you REALLy lose out when trading in for something else.

And cougars blow. I hate those things. But i dontk now how you went from a hatch to a sedan. I dont like sedans either.

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
you won't be able to sell that car, especially with Ford giving everyone employee pricing for this month.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah, don't sell your car when you are "upside down" financing it...unless you can cough up the cash to pay off your loan. ...like $4000, in your case.

I was in a similar situation and had to pay the bank the difference between what I owed and how much I recieved for selling the car. Terrible... And now, of course, I wish I would have just kept the car because it would have been paid off by now.

Just wondering, what don't you like about your Focus?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
You paid $21K for your Focus? Wow.

It's not a ST is it? Even if it was one, you still got raped big time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
FocusOnMezx4 said:
rumor has it that I am not the only one looking to sell my focus. Yea mines only 5months old i just really don't like it.
Who else is looking to sell their cars?

Does anyone know the going rate for an 05 ses leather etc. and has about 5thous miles on it?
Yeah, you're not the only one trying to sell their car. The biggest mistake of my life was getting my Focus(should've went with the Camaro like I originally planned). I honestly hate my Focus(never again will I buy a FWD car), and if I wasn't going to come out "upside down" it would have been gone a long time ago.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no my dad works for the dealer and i got it for a lot less then sticker. I have the loaded ses w/ everything. I wanted the st but i can't drive a stick and my dad wasn't going to co-sign on my car.
I owned 2 cougars and a mustang before my focus. I truly miss my cougar and if it wasn't for my new job (nanny) and i didn't need car seat room i would still have my cougar. I really want something bigger like an suv but i will NEVER own another ford. Within the first 5 months my car has been in the shop 3times and my dad has fixed minor issues himself.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had a brand new Subaru that was in the shop all the time, too. Hell, I was pulling out of the dealer's lot, having just signed all the paperwork and the check engine light came on!

Eventually, though, all the broken stuff gets fixed under warranty and you're left to decide if you still like the car, even if it won't be in the shop (as often).

Rule of thumb...don't compromise...get what you want in the first place...I mean, within reason.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I like my car, but the fact remains that I am paying $400/month for a Focus. Not an SVT. Not an ST. Not even a manual. Financially, i would be a LOT better off taking some money and putting it toward getting my Camaro a new tranny and driving that again.

---BUT---

Since, like so many others, I am buried in negative equity . . . bought my '04 almost exactly a year ago for 16,000, owe 15,000 right now, and the car is worth 10,000 (private sale) or 7,000 (trade in).

Sucks, doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Whats wrong with FWD?

Got mine for $18K (when they first hit the lots) and I pay about 270 in financing. Never gonna trade it in/sell it, that would be a waste of money and Focus

·
Registered
526 Posts
wow........i knew this was comming, i knew you were a hater since i first met you............good luck selling the new car
damn good point Ben........one day the streets shall flow with the blood of the non-believers!!!!!!

i'll give you a wedgie and a used drinking straw for it.........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hell yeah,[thumb] ...................... If you don't like your Focus, you really must not know how to drive it. I don't think I'll own anything that I'll love as much as my Focus.

Trash talkers should be kicked in the pants with a very large Boot.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, i like my focus but i don't love it. I am paying about 304 a month and it's a focus, my cougar (that i loved) was only 200 a month and it was a v6 #1 and #2 it was A LOT nicer. But I do kick myself in the butt for buying it. I needed something big enough for my job and now I really don't like it.
I am looking for someone to take over payments that's all. I didn't put anything down on it and only put about 700 into in in aftermarkets.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I put nothing down and my credit wasn't really hot at the time, and I had no one to co-sign. Hence, $398 goes to Ford Credit every month.

FWD is fine, but this is the first FWD car I've ever owned, and I'm not sure I'd buy another. Nothing really WRONG with FWD, but . . . . Definitely not "hating" on the focus; I love the car. But no one is going to pretend that a Focus is the ideal starting platform for a racecar. It's fun for what it is, but . . .

RWD cars are just so much more fun to drive! AWD, maybe, but FWD . . . *shrugs* eh. It's good on gas. I have the Camaro and the Charger for RWD fun. [thumb] And they are both INCREASING in value! What a novel concept! lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts