Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Been gone awhile. I had a lot of Crap to deal with this summer. Any way i'm heading to Ford tomorrow for an awful rattle. The car started having this rattle, like metal on metal. I thought it was a heat sheild or something, but No. So I took the car to Florida last week, The car did Awesome! Except for my vent visors falling off, LoL, But the rattle has gotten worse, It used to only be around with the A/c on, Now it is always rattling, A/C makes it worse, The only thing that stops the rattle is putting the car in nuetral( its an ATX). Anyway, it rattles more when I start to accelerate, then it stops at higher RPMs. Any Ideas guys, I have an appointment at 12pm tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
could be your pulley/tensioner...it works on a bearing, if a ball or 2 are missing, starts grinding and making wierd noises...
try having someone step on the brake and u listen by the engine, on the belt side see if is coming from there....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, The dealer checked it out, Front two motor mounts are bad, one is actually torn and the belt tensioner is going. My warranty will only pay for the motor mounts so, thats being done tomorrow. And I'll do the Belt Tensioner myself. What do you guys recommend for a repalcement/upgrade, what kind of drivebelts do you use. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts