Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
There are inspections every 12 months. But I believe they only do OBDII readings, so with a MIL cheater or a tune with a rear o2 delete you should be good. Do some research to find out for sure though.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Subscribed. Often wondered about this in NY too. I keep smashing the Bank 2 O2 sensor off and it might be a good excuse to switch to a ORP.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I swapped out my cat for the offroad pipe in 6 months of buying my car in 03. I'm on my second 02 sensor and never had a problem with insp.

·
Registered
100 Posts
you can always do 02 sensor cheater (extender) so the check engine light doesn't turn on. Just depends where you take it for inspections. Here in NJ they run the car under a camera and look for a cat regardless. If that's the case take to a gas station for emissions, Or get a hollow cat welded on they are about 40 bucks online

·
Registered
69 Posts
No I never did and plan on getting it tuned soon as I have some extra cash. At the same time I put the larger throttle body and the k&n filter on. I felt a little difference. I get about 30mpg on the highway doing 65.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts