Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SEL came equipped with 16x7 5 spoke into 3 or 15 sub-spokes for the lack of better description, which I like better than the 17 spoke of the Ti's 17".

But I have seen at least another oem wheel excluding the steel and I have read here there is a 16 x 5 wheel as well. How many styles of wheels are available from Ford are there? Just curious. Tia

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Could be, to differentiate them.

Also, funny thing, the SEL in the brochure at the end looks like it has the chrome/black fog bezels

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 18's when installed by the factory also have stops installed to prevent the tires rubbing on the vehicle when steering is at lock, reduced turning radius is an issue as a result. A model w/o these stops could result in tire or suspension damage if used at full lock.

Ps thanks for the link to the brochure. Answered my question. Still happy w/ the choice I got for my hatch.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Does anyone know if the 18's from the Titanium would fit on a non sport SE?
I've heard the Titanium owners with with the 18's and handling package talk about the factory installed steering 'stops' that slightly reduce turning radius to prevent rubbing. So, that kinda sounds like no.

Edit - Way to beat me to the punch Bradm. I type too slow.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I've heard the Titanium owners with with the 18's and handling package talk about the factory installed steering 'stops' that slightly reduce turning radius to prevent rubbing. So, that kinda sounds like no.

Edit - Way to beat me to the punch Bradm. I type too slow.
Those stops can most likely be retrofitted to a non Ti, its not like they have a different steering rack.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
7 Posts

I've seen them on eBay...not American market wheels but I liiiike them
I'm liking these ones too--probably the best looking alloy 16's. They appear to be on the car listed below. Dealer description says it has Sport package, but pics look like drum brakes and non-Sport interior. Wonder if dealers throw them on resale models to replace the steelies.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/2719319907.html

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
459 Posts

I've seen them on eBay...not American market wheels but I liiiike them
I really dislike these wheels haha. I don't know what it is about them. I just find they look really silly. Like a demented jelly fish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts