Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, where can I find some new, preferably OEM equipment front AND rear brake pads for my SVT? Online or how about in a store like Murrays?
I want OEM because it's generally cheaper, and I know they'll work fine. Also, how much should I expect the total deal to be? Thanks

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Why gamble on making a great braking car possibly brake worse. Either go with genuine Ford SVT replacement brake pads (proven to be very good) or get an aftermarket performance pad...Hawk HPS as an example. You'll find the Ford SVT pads cost about the same as any good performance pad. Don't cheap out on brake pads.

·
You like this.
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i guess i didnt really make that too clear, but i DO mean SVT brake pads... not just regular fofo brake pads. something with less dust would be nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went to the Hawk HPS pads as an upgrade to my stock SVT pads. Around town there was not much difference but at track days they were noticeably more fade resistant. A very nice upgrade for performance driving with no noise and really not much more dust either.

However if you drive you car in near freezing wet weather DO NOT buy the HAWK HPS. They are scary. On really cold wet or snowy days they take a second or two to heat up when there is a lot of wet road spray. Meaning you can put the brake pedal to the floor and about two seconds later you have brakes. It's scary especially if you had to make a panic stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts