Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ST guys. Been reconsidering the wheel/tire combo lately on my '12 SE 5 speed. I got the 17" machined and painted wheels from the factory with 215/50R17 tires. I've been thinking about going to 18"s. I was told to consider the ST OEM take offs. I would plasti dip them gloss black. Couple questions:

1. Do all ST's come from the factory with 18"s?
2. What size tire do they come with?
3. Are the wheels on the market frequently? How much should I look to spend for a set of wheels? Looks like a new set of the style I was looking at would run me around $600.

·
Registered
530 Posts
1. Yes
2. 235/40-18
3. Fairly easy to come across. I paid $350 for wheels with half tread tires. On here people think they are gold. Check craigslist and local fb groups. Bought mine from a MS3 guy.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$2500 for wheels? That's a little much in my book. Plus I am looking for the Y spoked ones.

Craigslist and eBay yielding nothing under about $180 per wheel.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Ive seen them here locally for around $400-500 a set with worn rubber good for one more summer season

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's in Canada prices for stuff is a lot cheaper up there I heard from a friend but hate to say that's a lost for whoever is selling them. How about everyone stop saying you can get them cheaper where you live I am just stating how much you can get them at the dealership where I live and how much I am taking off the price I could say I am selling them for 3800 with the rubber the way they are now. Brand new rubber and new rims from dealer at 4100$ so whatever if you can get them cheaper have at it. Don't really care to hear where and how much cause I am sure the condition they are in and where you live matchs prices around where I am and the quality of my rims. Sorry if it sounds like I am being a jerk but tired of people saying I can get them for 150 or 500 for a set that is BS or the people selling them don't really need of care for the money.

·
Registered
721 Posts
That's in Canada prices for stuff is a lot cheaper up there I heard from a friend but hate to say that's a lost for whoever is selling them. How about everyone stop saying you can get them cheaper where you live I am just stating how much you can get them at the dealership where I live and how much I am taking off the price I could say I am selling them for 3800 with the rubber the way they are now. Brand new rubber and new rims from dealer at 4100$ so whatever if you can get them cheaper have at it. Don't really care to hear where and how much cause I am sure the condition they are in and where you live matchs prices around where I am and the quality of my rims. Sorry if it sounds like I am being a jerk but tired of people saying I can get them for 150 or 500 for a set that is BS or the people selling them don't really need of care for the money.
Well good luck on your sale but no need to justify your sale. The market will be the decider, you probably won't get that asking price on here but maybe you'll have luck other places.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
From what i've seen, silver y-spokes are usually $400-700 depending if they have tires and tpms, gray y-spokes run about $100 more. And the premium optional wheels (the black with machined face) are about $1000-$1500.

You could score a better deal on any of those if you watch and wait enough. Check this site, the specific focusst site, facebook pages, ebay, etc.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'll keep an eye out on a few places. I'll also check CARiD which apparently has a lot of wheels. If I can't get a nice set for $500, I will probably just plasti dip my current wheels.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
But these arnt cheap cause they are the st3 extra wheels like over 3k extra on the price of the car when getting them and when i wrecked it was thinking of getting extras but didnt want to pay 879 per wheel thats why i said 2500 obo willing trade. I woild be leaving the performance tires on the rims.
Hate to burst your bubble but the wheels were only $495 on the sticker price for the car over the base rado grey snowflakes and included the red painted calipers.

That was separate from the $4995 MSRP for the ST3 package over that of the ST1.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I 2015 ST3 wheels I am looking to trade or get rid of they are the nice polished with black background ones. I am in RI. They are 879 per wheel but will let them go for 2500obo with rubber only have 8k miles on them 2 of the rims are brand new cause I wrecked my car and got 2 new rims out of it.
Now that's some pricey Dildos

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Actually i was talking about the snowflake rims, should have been more clear

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
I deleted your posts and this is a warning about selling outside the BST area. Should you decide to, here are the forum rules about selling-Focus Fanatics - Member Rules

Beyond that, I hope like hell no one in the community is actually paying $2500 for used OEM wheels and tires, that's just a blatant rip-off. I remember when ST owners were trying to sell their used ST wheels to the NA crowd for ridiculous prices when they were new, trying to recoup some of their 'market adjustment' that they paid. I've seen quite a few of the 'premium' design selling for $800 lately, with tires and TPMS.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Yeah I'll keep an eye out on a few places. I'll also check CARiD which apparently has a lot of wheels. If I can't get a nice set for $500, I will probably just plasti dip my current wheels.
Check the FoST forums and FB pages, usually the y-spoke sell pretty frequently for $300-400. You'll want to try and find some relatively local because shipping adds quite a bit in most instances.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Ive seen the new (dildo) 5 spokes with brand new tires for $1200 can....I would pay that, you cant get aftermarket with decent rubber for even close to that price

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts