Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had come across a set of rims in the junk yard that were in pretty good condition. I have also thought about putting in some aftermarket 5 spoke motegi wheels with black paint. Idk which I want to do. The OEM option is cheaper for sure but I missed out on that set of wheels so I'm waiting on another focus to show up. What do y'all think? For reference mine is charcoal grey with metalic flake.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I'd lower it 1st if you haven't done it & then tack on Eibach's sway bar kit....22mm/25mm. Throw a pr svt rotor/calipers at it...direct bolt on.....Swap out the brake hoses for ss.....Look in the buy/sell section for a set of svt wheels.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd lower it 1st if you haven't done it & then tack on Eibach's sway bar kit....22mm/25mm. Throw a pr svt rotor/calipers at it...direct bolt on.....Swap out the brake hoses for ss.....Look in the buy/sell section for a set of svt wheels.....
Gotcha. I'm not super positive I want to start modding it yet though is my only problem. Because it's got body damage so I'd like to make it look clean before I even think about dropping a few thousand on kits.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
The suspension kits (fixed platform) springs/dampers are your best buy....No need to spend 1000's on a c/o kit....Yea great to get your body/paint squared away first, if not up to selling that one & getting another one.....Figure out how much it'd cost vs another car w/o body damage & has decent paint....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thinking fixing is gonna be my best bet. Plus I've been wanting to learn how to do all that stuff anyways so it kind of works out.
The suspension kits (fixed platform) springs/dampers are your best buy....No need to spend 1000's on a c/o kit....Yea great to get your body/paint squared away first, if not up to selling that one & getting another one.....Figure out how much it'd cost vs another car w/o body damage & has decent paint....

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Thinking fixing is gonna be my best bet. Plus I've been wanting to learn how to do all that stuff anyways so it kind of works out.

Sent from my E6810 using FF Mobile
The body shop industry needs ppl......whether its painting or body work...

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts
If you arent into modifying it, stick to the oem wheels. The aftermarket ones will look too dramatic/out of place on an otherwise stock car. OEM wheels will hlep out in getting to look clean, plus cheaper is better if you have other body work that needs attention

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a good idea
If you arent into modifying it, stick to the oem wheels. The aftermarket ones will look too dramatic/out of place on an otherwise stock car. OEM wheels will hlep out in getting to look clean, plus cheaper is better if you have other body work that needs attention

1 - 9 of 9 Posts