Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are the Ford dealers the only place where you can get OEM motor mounts? After searching old threads on this subject, it doesn't seem like a good idea to go with an off-brand (although some posters have suggested they've had good results with an aftermarket dogbone).

·
Registered
952 Posts
The dealer wants $108 for a 2000 SE passenger side motor mount, while AZ wants just $40 for their Duralast part (lifetime guarantee). I expect that the OEM mount will last longer, but is there also a noticeable difference in performance?
You can probably find the Ford part online for much less that what the dealer wants.

What engine do you have and is it auto or manual trans?

Paul

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
There are tons of online places that sell OEM Ford and Motorcraft parts. Many of them are actually Ford dealers but there are others (Rockauto sells Motorcraft and even some Ford pns). Generally the hardest thing is determining the Ford pn you need. Most dealers will not just give you the pn if you say 'what is the pn for part xyz?' becease they know you will then just buy it somewhere else for less. But many will confirm a number as correct (or not) if you have a number from research. At least the local dealer near me will. Many of the online seller will also confirm that you ar buying the correct part if you give them the VIN.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Although this car has 204,000 on the meter, and has required numerous replacement parts, I haven't purchased Ford parts because of their cost. I'll make an exception for this mount, and maybe more in future now that I see they might be available at a discounted price.

ETA: Purchased the mount for $58 + $13 shipping, a savings of $47 when you consider sales tax (a 43% savings). Thank you, Paul.

·
Registered
952 Posts
-
Although this car has 204,000 on the meter, and has required numerous replacement parts, I haven't purchased Ford parts because of their cost. I'll make an exception for this mount, and maybe more in future now that I see they might be available at a discounted price.

ETA: Purchased the mount for $58 + $13 shipping, a savings of $47 when you consider sales tax (a 43% savings). Thank you, Paul.
Keep in mind that your car has three engine/trans mounts which can contribute to a vibration issue - although the R side mount is usually to one that has the greatest impact, good or bad. The vibration issue may also be unrelated to the engine/trans mounts.

Although there are exceptions to every rule Ford/Motorcraft parts - like all OEM/manufaturer/factory parts - tend to be much more expensive than aftermarket parts and are typically better to much better quality.

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts