Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can buy the oem hid headlights for the svt. i cant find them anywhere. thanks

·
Registered
744 Posts
why are they so expensive?

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Well when i first knew of machs i thought the price was stupid. I though them being sOOOO expensive was just dumb.

Come to find out they are prolly worth the price when the headlight is broken down.

Here are my own reasons for saying this.

1. The headlight has several adjusters, they work well and come in very nice ways of doing them.

2. The lens on the MACH's is one HELL of a lens. It doesn't feel as light and cheap as the stock lens that the foci come with.

3. With the MACH your HID setup is from orasm germany. The HID is quality, and WELL worth the money they are probably sold for. The harness setup for the D2S bulb is sturdy sealed and the ballast is incorperated with the headlight. Saves space, time, and worries.

4. EVERYTHING in this headlight is intergrated. What i mean is where in say the 05-07 where we would have a different plug for every bulb. The MACH is fully integrated. The bulbs just twist in and hit contact points. Because of this only one harness is needed and that is from the harness point on the rear of the housing for everything. Eliminates mess and worry of wires.

5. The projector used in the MACH's is a uber nice hella projector and sports a hella clear lens. It comes with a full interior headlight shroud and is all crafted very well out of amazing materials.

All in all the headlights sell for the price for a reason IMO. They are simply a engineering marvel in the world of headlights if you ask me. Bravo ford.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think BAT has them for like 999. Pretty much 1000 dollars. Good luck finding a used pair for under 500 man.
I got mine for 200 everything working. They were upgraded to 6000k bulbs and Hoen bulbs for the highs, even got the stock 4300k bulbs with them.[dunno] I'm just saying when you have good friends you know it......[drinking]

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
I don't have a link nor have i ever visited it. But its a sponser i think for FF that you can buy euro or stuf for the focus through. Again i am not sure. Someone may post up.

And 200? Yeah that deal is one in a lifetime ESPECIALLY for MACH's.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
BTW, their price isn't great - some of the more regular sellers were quoting me under $800 SHIPPED as recently as two months ago (although I know at least one of them sold out since then).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts