1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings![wiggle]

First Post here...

My G/F owns a 2005 ZX3 SE

I apologize if there is a thread about this already!...

How can you convert the OEM Fogs to become DRL's???

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was thinking about doing that, but does that mean you can only have your fogs and lowbeams on if you pull back the light switch? Then it's the same as it is stock. The only difference is having the fog lights on when you start the car, but doesn't help driving in fog.

·
Registered
394 Posts
as soon as you turn your park lights on, the fogs still stay on, once you turn your head lights on the fogs go off, then you can pull out the switch and they turn on again, just like how it works in a dodge neon... i know, i was one of the two people who made this write up on the ofoc.ca linlk above.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are some 2005-2007 Focus that have this DRL option installed but lack the relay for it in the black under the hood fusebox. My 2005 Focus was bought from a dealership used in 2009 without DRLs. it has Fog lights also. From reading in this forum I learned that some 2005-2007 Focus have the DRL's wired up but no relay and not all cars have this done to them(don't know what Ford's reason for that)

I got a $5 relay from Ford and stuck it into the fuse box and it worked.

It turns on the actual headlights (and not the fog lights) and dims them.

Look in your owners manual and see the location of the DRL relay in the underhood box and see there contacts and wires coming through it and if there is then get the relay and plug it in and see

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'd like to do this on my european Ford Focus ST MK2. I managed to find the fog lights fuse (20A). Which fuse should i bridge it to? Does it have to be 20A as well?

thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts