Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My SE hatch is not prewired for fog lights but want to get the OEM accent lights, fog light housing, and fog light bezels to make them into the DRL.

If anyone has the accent light kit, how is the light housing hooked up to the wiring? I want to know if it is possible to plug an LED bulb there.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hey guys,

My SE hatch is not prewired for fog lights but want to get the OEM accent lights, fog light housing, and fog light bezels to make them into the DRL.

If anyone has the accent light kit, how is the light housing hooked up to the wiring? I want to know if it is possible to plug an LED bulb there.

Thanks
When you say OEM accent lights, are you referring to the OEM fog lights?

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Accent light

[grinking]

·
Registered
47 Posts
i've got the OEM LED DRLs

Yeah, they're a little expensive, but they are very high quality, better than what I've found on eBay. Here they are, along with my Spyder Auto headlights. [:p]

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, they're a little expensive, but they are very high quality, better than what I've found on eBay. Here they are, along with my Spyder Auto headlights. [:p]

They look great!! How was tough was the installation? Paranoid about messing up. Any loose wiring that you can see?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Echomaster DRLs for Focus

They look great!! How was tough was the installation? Paranoid about messing up. Any loose wiring that you can see?
Hey, it's actually not a bad process. However, to really do it right, you need to get the front end off the ground. Jack stands are OK, putting it up on a lift is best. And there's no cutting wires.

Here's the manufacturer's web page for the DRLs:

http://www.echomaster.com/index.php/products/daytime-running-lights/219-ford-focus-drl-10foc-gl

PM me with your email address for a PDF copy of the installation instructions.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
@123tjtbxh

You are not welcome.

Have a nice day in Russia [boxface][gunfire]

Edit
Thank you for removing Russian spam.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No need to jack the front up. Easy to get the triangle grills out with a plastic trim tool from the front. You just need to remove the headlamps as well

Did mine in under an hour in the dark and rain with a torch in me mouth. Easy job

The instructions are very complete and easy to follow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts