Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the millionth time because ive seen this asked a million times in this forum but theres never an accurate response. i bought a gague cluster from someone in this forum, and the mileage is off by 20,000 miles. it needs to be changed so what i wanna know is if anyone in this forum went about the same situation and how much did it cost them. would also like to know where to get this done......thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
odometer

A friend of mine works for Ford and is quite knowledgeable about the Focus, he says there is no way to reset the odometer that he knows of.

I bought a cluster from him to put in my wagon, I wanted the tach cluster. The cluster was used and it had been out of the vehicle for so long that the odometer had reset to all zeros. I made a note of the mileage when I switched clusters, I have to add the original mileage to the mileage showing on the cluster now for the actual mileage.

Funny thing, when I reset my trip odometer the "ones" digit in the speedometer will roll over on a different "tenths" digit. This happens every time I reset it. It should roll over on the "9" but rarely does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts