Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was removing my gauge faceplate (the ebay special) because i'm going to be trading my focus in for a new one soon. Everything went fine, the needles are still right on from what I can tell (either my car gets excellent mpg suddenly or my gas needle is being a bitch, but that may be a new post in a couple days lol) but since i put my cluster back in, the backlight for my odometer won't come on. i've since taken everything back out and checked to see if the bulb was blown but it's so small i can't tell by looking at it. it just stares back at me, not coming on. is there a way i can test it, or will i have to bring it into the dealer and let them figure out i was dicking with it? it's just a hassle because it worked perfectly before i cranked that puppy open [???:)]

·
Registered
26 Posts
everytime I find someone with the same problem I do, I find myself being the only reply. I would change the bulb. I just haven't torn into the dash to get there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
As long as the bulb has two connectors on it (one for power and one for ground, which it should) then you can test it. All you have to do is connect up a multimeter to it and check for resistance. If it shows something like OHM or something like that then it is open, if it shows a number like .1 or .5 or something like that then the bulb is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts