Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Focus - 9000 miles (a lot of which are city) 5 speed. I'm going to try to get a video of it

I have an issue shifting from 1-2. If I let off of the gas completely during my 1-2 shift, I have an EXTREMELY hard time getting it into second; it usually requires me to double clutch, return the shifter to the center position and go to 2. Otherwise I get a bit of resistance or have to force it - which I NEVER do

IE - push in clutch, put in neutral (center between 3/4), let out clutch, push clutch in, back into 2.

Now, if I push in the clutch and DON'T let off of the gas completely, I have zero problems going into 2.

IE- Going at maybe 2000 RPM in first, I decrease throttle a bit so the RPMS stay at 2000, push clutch in and right into 2 it goes with no problems.

Is this normal? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have an issue shifting from 1-2. If I let off of the gas completely during my 1-2 shift, I have an EXTREMELY hard time getting it into second; it usually requires me to double clutch, return the shifter to the center position and go to 2. Otherwise I get a bit of resistance or have to force it - which I NEVER do
Hi Miller88,

If your shifting resistance started recently, you should bring your Focus to your dealer so it can be inspected. If they aren't able to resolve your concern, I am here to help. [:)]

~Natasha

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's only when the RPMs are close though. If the RPMs are far apart - IE I wind it up to 3000RPM for a shift, it isn't hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts