Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been searching around trying to get a set of tires for my svt euro wheels & a guy told me not to put my 17 inch wheels on. He said it would hurt my transmission & engine lights would turn on. Is this even true?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
HUH... he must be slow... the svt COMES with 17inch wheels.. you will be FINE.. i have and many others have 17s...

depending on the drop you have... i know a lot of people have 215/45/17's on their svts... you can get away with that.. 225 though and it might rub depending on your drop.. what size are you looking for? i personally have 215/40's

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I don't have my car dropped just yet. Although I have a a set of eibach pro-kit springs sitting on my porch. That'll drop it around 1-1 1/2" all around. Tire websites suggest a 205/45/17 for my car. I'm not sure which kind of tire to get though. I'm looking for a good all-season type of tire.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i don't know about the best tire for you.. but with the pro-kit you can use a 215/45... prob even a 225/45 too... someone else with better info can chime in with more accurate info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts