Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed Lamin-x on both my headlights and fog lights. I first sanded and buffed the head lights to get rid of the oxidation, and replaced my fogged up and filled with water old fog lights with brand new assemblies. I put everything back on but now my fog lights wont turn on. The small fog indicator light is on at the switch, and the fuse is good. The fogs did turn on; I switched them off and now they wont come on again... Wtf???

Also, now my driver side headlight will go off intermittently. I can turn then off, then on and it comes back on. Why these issues?? Did I move some dirt that was holding everything together???

This is on a 2003 ZX3 with SVT (Hella) headlights.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I spoke too soon. Now sometimes the passenger side headlight wont turn on, or the driver side, or both. But I can turn the switch on/off/on/off/on and finally get them both on. Still no fog lights though...

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
Check out the pin contacts in the connectors, if they barely touch when a new assembly is put in or old re-installed they can do that. I often rebend the clip to grab pin more securely using like a dental pick to do so. In fact I do that to electrical equipment all over the cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts