Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Umm - cams in an SVT?

Can be done, though the stock ones are pretty high performance already.

If cams are changed, it should be tuned as well, and yes the specified fuel used then should be used consistently (don't tune with 93 then decide to run 87).

When it's no longer stock, stock rules don't apply.

Coil type doesn't change that.

·
FF Affiliate
30,630 Posts
Its been tried many times and there just isnt a gain from adding adj cam gears

If it doesnt add better driveability / performance / MPG why do it ?

Tom

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
here's another thought people ALWAYS overlook.. If you spend $0.20 a gallon MORE for premium fuel, and you fill ALL 12 gallons up, you manage to spend an extra $2.40 cents on your fill up for using premium.

Aka, who gives a shit.
^^exactly Damn cry babys. Ok so its. Alright to buy a $7 cup of coffee at starbucks or buy 1 energy drink. But an extra $2.50 at the pump for 91 (cali) absolutely kills ur wallet lol some people just don't no what they r spending. I laugh when I see someone complaining about gas prices when they are wearing $200 pair of shoes lol.
Lot of ppl don't think about that^^^^

·
Registered
04 Focus SVT
36 Posts
Ok so read through a lot of this forum and sorry if I missed it but all the detonation talk is scary but I then started thinking Ifill up with 91 everytime and then i read a post saying most detonation is between 4000 aand 6500 and that's when it hit me I have what feels like a miss as soon as I get above 4500 rpm, as a racecar driver I find myself there often and the miss or stall if you wanna call it scares me, is this the detonationyou are talking about. when I bought my svt from the dealer I'm pretty sure he had 87 in it due to the rough driving but today I'm pretty sure I blew a spark plug out, soon to tear the engine down and fine out but could this have been from damage caused by tthe detonation if that's what the miss is

·
FF Affiliate
30,630 Posts
I can do a Custom Tune where I can adjust the timing and the fueling to make your engine safe , lower the fan turn on setting and keep the engine cooler , cooler engine less chance of detonation etc etc etc

Tom

·
Registered
04 Focus SVT
36 Posts
I have heard a lot of good things both about you and from you and have thought of getting some help from you on several occasions. Turns out I did blow a plug out so I am going to helicoil it and do a tune up as well as a few other things I have put off but I may be interested, also been thinking of supercharging but that would be a ways off

61 - 72 of 72 Posts