13,116 Posts
Moved to ”Ford Focus Technical Chat”...
AFAIK, there's no differences between the hoses on all ZETEC models. [;)]

BTW, those are pretty good looking. [thumb]

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone else feel that way? I'm not trying to get into an arguement here, but I'd find it very hard to believe that a thick silicone hose leaks when properly clamped. The stock rubber ones (by composition comparison) would be inferior. Especially from an extremely reputable company like OBX....they aren't exactly "the new guys" in the performance aftermarket business...I dunno. Anyone else have any experience at all with em? Glad to hear your thoughts. Thanks for the post salvage.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Had the OBX's as well....the ends of my hoses are coolant crusted. They SUCK! Get SAMCO if available...

·
Registered
82 Posts
obx isnt exactly a good performance company. they are just cheap. i ran teh obx ones for a week with coolant seeping right through them and at the hose clamps. you could wipe your finger on the hose and see red dye. i went to napa and bought original hoses, and for over a year now been leak free.

now samco, i would definitely run. samco is very reputable company. their silicone hoses hold up good. ive seen more then enough of them on cars. been through car shows with cars that had them, and not a single leak. the obx ones will leak just sitting there.

obx has problems with products throughout their line. they are just cheap, and sometimes you can get away with it, but i dont trust it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
LOL engine rice!

Is there something wrong with your hoeses? If so replace them with stock ones. There is nothing to be gained by using these hoses excapt they will look worse then black once they get dirty...and they will get dirty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts