Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else that has them having issues with it rubbing under acceleration? Or otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
Do you have an after market rear motor mount? The stock mount has too much flex and will cause the header to hit or cause a rattle. The rmm is always a good nod to have, but a must if you have a header on the car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have an after market rear motor mount? The stock mount has too much flex and will cause the header to hit or cause a rattle. The rmm is always a good nod to have, but a must if you have a header on the car.

I figured, but it also sometimes will hit something on idle that I'll hear when I'm in a drive through since it'll echo off the wall

·
Registered
490 Posts
I figured, but it also sometimes will hit something on idle that I'll hear when I'm in a drive through since it'll echo off the wall

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
After you installed the header and drove for a bit did you go back around and recheck the torque on all the bolts? Not abnormal for them to heat cycle, back out and give you a small exhaust leak, can sound very metallic.

Did you reuse the stock heat shield (doubt it but figured I'd ask) if not you should have a pretty clear visual on almost every surface?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After you installed the header and drove for a bit did you go back around and recheck the torque on all the bolts? Not abnormal for them to heat cycle, back out and give you a small exhaust leak, can sound very metallic.

Did you reuse the stock heat shield (doubt it but figured I'd ask) if not you should have a pretty clear visual on almost every surface?

Haven't re-torqued the bolts, been meaning too, so that's a possibility and no I didn't. Gotta hit up my buddy at ford to lend me his torque wrench lol

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I have the fswerks header but i had the same issue. A Cobb rear motor mount solved my problem.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
You all are going to find the lowest primary tube is hitting the top of the front sway bar. Like said above, its recommended to go w/ a poly dogbone......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts