Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just recived my new OBX Racing Headers and Exhast in the mail today I need to get them in the car myself but I have never done it befor can someone paint me into a good how to file I already looked at the ones here but they only have shorty headers and no exhast if someone has done this or knows how please help me out thanks.

EDIT* I have a 2001 ZX3

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Clicky Clicky for Cat-Back Exhaust

As far as the header.....i don't know of a how to......I know that there's some tricky bolts to get to that are behind the header and the cat......i think.....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The OBX header is real easy to install. Use the "how to" to remove it, since it all comes
off the same way. Install is also fairly easy to perform as well. Just make sure
than you have 10mm to 16mm deep and regular sockets, an extension for
access to one of the nuts on the stock header and of course some
PB Blaster (ava at pep boys) Might also help if you have a swivel for the socket
as the nuts on the header are a little tricky to slip the socket onto.

If you have any problems/questions just PM me. I am on the computer all day long.

I should have made a how to when I installed mine, but no digital camera!

Or we could arrange a g2g real quick and I could help you with the install
since I do live in Albuquerque and Santa Fe is only an hour away. Its up to
you. Anytime you want to, even today.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes today please!!!!!

not sure if you got my PM but I would love to get together bro if you help me out there might be a little pay involved not money mind you but something you need. let me know if you are available today.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
keep in mind you will have to cut the stock exhaust off and an impact wrench is always nice when working with exhaust.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I dont really care how i do it because im not using the stock exhast im doing an OBX exhast as well so if I [:)][:)][:)][:)] it up i no care

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
Re: yes today please!!!!!

FordRacer1 said:
not sure if you got my PM but I would love to get together bro if you help me out there might be a little pay involved not money mind you but something you need. let me know if you are available today.
lol, rememeber kids FocusFanatics.com does NOT promote prostitution..... j/k

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its funny you said that because i was trying to say it without it sounding like that hahahahahahahah

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Did you get the sensor extenders and cheaters? You might want to have those before proceeding because the car wont run right until you have them.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
it'll run right you will just have a check engine light. and you dont need sensor extenders. the o2 cheater is something to look into though. i have an extra one i'll let go for cheap if you wanna pm me i'll give you more details.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright Headers and exhast are in thanks in part to jealm you da man.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nope not really

1 - 13 of 13 Posts