1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anithing on this headers?
they sell for 165 on ebay...
ut i dont know...
i still belive in you get what you paid for...

·
Registered
793 Posts
never heard tell of them before!

·
Registered
46 Posts
obx racing sports sells this header for about 400 bucks...i bought this exact one for 155...i dont see why it wouldnt be anygood...its just buying the 400 dollar one for 155...i dunno how the guy is selling them this cheap...but oh well...its only 155 bucks...thats not bad for a race header...im not sure, but how different can all the diff brands be?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
let's see:

material choice
material quality
weld quality
bend quality
material thickness
quality control
dimensioning

these are just a few that come flying off the top of my head. brands CAN differ severely. as for knowing anything about OBX specifically, dunno. i've seen their exhaust systems floating around ebay a lot, but i don't know anyone who uses it.

Mike

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
someone said something about that it hit the oil pan. Also I have a friend with a civic si and he ordered a obx and he said his hit the oil pan.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nope, don't hit the oil pan.
Fit looks to be pretty darn good.
Welds are messy but thorough.
Design looks sound.
Bends are pretty nice and smooth.
Collectors look solid.
This is the long tube 4-2-1 header and for all 304SS at $155 I am pretty happy. Yeah, it would be nice to have ceramic, but that ain't gonna be for a price in this ballpark.
We will see the results when the final install is done in a few days.

Don't be confused by the people that can't tell the difference between this and the SSAutochrome POS with the oilpan thing or the f-'d up flanges that forced them to sell it with their own flexpipe for $199. There was a thread over at FJ where about 100 people chimed in without actually nowing what they were even talking about (there's a shock huh?)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Joel get the SVt header, only like 265, and Ford Quality

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think i will get a focus sport race header....

[:D]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well if you can spend that money why the heck the OBX, go for the focussport[thumb]

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
spend less = more mods...

175 means like 175 for other mod...

hey mofo...do you if i can use injectors + maf without the ecu?

thanks...

joel

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yes you can, if by ECU you mean chip, but you arnt close to needing larger injectors yet that iv noticed, and i understand the cheaper the mods the mroe money you have for others, thats why i said the SVT header, its cheaper and just as good

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well...what about after the installation of the exhaust, race header +flexpipe, cai, svt snorkle, 65 mm tb, udp and cam gears ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like OBX headers. I bought a race header and flex pipe combo from ssautochrome. The only problem I had was the rear part of the header was a little too close to the oil pan. I gained a lot of horse power and the header looks nice. Im happy. I only paid like 2 something for it all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts