Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed an obx header on my car, and now it idles really low, when i have the ac on and come to a stop it idles near 800-900rpms for about 5 secs and then it drops really fast and shuts down, i have to keep on the gas a bit to keep it from doing this, anyone ever have this happen to them or have an idea on how to fix it? btw im running a stock exhaust system if it matters any.[:I]

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thats wierd man....i had that problem b4 i changed my plugs and wires? but i never had that kinda problem when i did my obx header?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You shouldn't have any problem.
Do you have the AC on 4?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
maybe it has something to do with your O2 sensors? ive never heard of anyone having this kind of trouble after installing a header. i didnt when intalling my svt mani

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
did you unhook your MAF sensor? check everything you touched during the install.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive checked the maf, 02, and just changed coil pack, wires, and plugs. any other ideas guys?

·
Registered
963 Posts
you could always swy back to the stock header and see if it still does it. And if it does send your obx back and get another one.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
too low of back pressure can cause a rough idle down low too, i have a rough idle, but i'm cammed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i highly doubt its the header causing this as i have an obx header on my car. Did you hook up the egr line back up? Look over everything that you touched while installing the header. And you said you reset the computer did you unhook the neg. battery cable and leave it off for 10 minutes? Take your car out of town and drive it for awhile, it should adjust its idle speed back to normal.[driving]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts