Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my OBX header and stealth exhaust fitted to my 2016 SE Hatch and it's very loud, on the edge of too loud. Waiting for my tune file to come in today so i can flash and drive it around a bit and test it out with the tune on it but I'm only anticipating any changes in tone/volume from the two resonators breaking themselves in over the next 500-1000 miles or so.

Anyone else have a similar setup? Was thinking if it was still a bit loud after the break in period that I'd look into either:

1. Adding a muffler downstream of the second resonator and converting to a dual exhaust outlet

2. Adding a muffler downstream of the second resonator and then deleting that resonator

3. Replacing the first resonator with an inline muffler

Any addition knowledge/advice is appreciated :)

·
So mote be it
8,856 Posts
If you have the FSWerks Stealth system, its a muffler and a resonator setup. I dont really see any room to fit another piece unless its smaller. I had the fswerks header and 2.5 stealth setup on my '07. Tons louder than just the exhaust (which is really quiet on its own) but i wouldnt call it too loud. Since taking off my header and putting the stock unit back on, it just sounds so quiet to the point i cant even tell i have an aftermarket exhaust.

Give it a few weeks for you to adjust to the sound, once you get used to it, its not bad [;)] ymmv though

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of possibly placing a muffler where the stock one used to be since there is all that room at the back end of the car.

I'll take your advice and see how I feel about it :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just be happy you weren’t like me and got the FSWerks race. My car wakes the neighbors every morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Add another stealth or similar behind the stealth...Home go to universe mufflers & look at the round ones w/ a case length of 20''-24'' w/ a 5'' to 6'' case diameter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts