Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard for the price quality andgains the obx header is amazing, but I keep lookingon ebay and I can't seem to see if it would fit my 2.0 automatic can somene help me?

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
There is not much difference between the 2 flex pipes, only about 1/2 inch in length. But I would be more worried about the transmission slipping in 3rd gear.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
OBX header & add a tune!

I have heard for the price quality andgains the obx header is amazing, but I keep lookingon ebay and I can't seem to see if it would fit my 2.0 automatic can somene help me?
It'll fit your 2.0. I'll also add a tune too.[thumb]

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
There is not much difference between the 2 flex pipes, only about 1/2 inch in length. But I would be more worried about the transmission slipping in 3rd gear.

Its a 2.0 with a header. That's nowhere near enough power to make the trans slip. My turbo setup is yet to slip any gear in my car. I'm actually chirping 2nd gear.[giggle]

·
Registered
431 Posts
The trans will not slip with just that small power increase. Also look into the Weapon R header, it looks to be a really good design but not cheap.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
The trans will not slip with just that small power increase. Also look into the Weapon R header, it looks to be a really good design but not cheap.
Im interested in seeing someone buy that. Dont think anyone on here has yet but I dont want to be the guinea pig lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
Someon turbo'd there automatic running 13 psi and it took 2 years for a gear to finally start slipping. I read that on a thread, adyou are right I haven't seen anyone have the weopon r header I know they do sell pretty decent air intakes.

·
Registered
621 Posts
My car takes a fair amount of abuse with I/H/E/T. It is still solid but then again I change my trans fluid at least every 30K like your sposed to with a good add pack in the fluid.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Okay since I have a custom exhaust and where the flex pipe is attached to my exhaust is still stock would a obx header fit or would I need to buy a diferent exhaust?

·
Registered
716 Posts
If your flex pipe is still in stock location it will bolt right up.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Mine has a "manicat" but i think there is another cat after the manicat.

Thats the best part of the header is that you can put it on yourself. Im not sure but i dont think muffler shops will remove the manicat and put on a header?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yes the OBX is available for your 06 automatic, it has a slightly different flexpipe then the manual transmission. I know because I have both flexs that come with it and have the OBX header installed in the car. I have the automatic flex pipe sitting around here somewhere brand new if you need one.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Yes the OBX is available for your 06 automatic, it has a slightly different flexpipe then the manual transmission. I know because I have both flexs that come with it and have the OBX header installed in the car. I have the automatic flex pipe sitting around here somewhere brand new if you need one.
What did you spray on the head bolts?

Well i just ordered mine but i think im going to wait to put it on till i have some extra cash just incase i break a bolt and need to get it drilled.

Not a good way to think but i tell you have have the worst luck and i just know ill have issues. Nothing is ever easy. [:eek:]

·
Registered
716 Posts
I sprayed PB on mine the night before I installed it. I had no probs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts