Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. Currently running my obx 4-2-1 header and an mbrp exhaust 2nd gen. Its a little too buzzy/ loud/ ghetto sounding for my taste. Focussport is out of the question because of price.

So my question, how does the OBX exhaust (hks copy on ebay) sound *WITH* a race header?

·
Registered
280 Posts
i dont know how the obx exhaust sounds.. does it come with a resonator? if not it will be really loud. the header is good quality i would imagine the exhaust is too.. not sure of sound tho, personally i like my Apexi WS exhaust sounds amazing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The obx has a resonator in the straight middle pipe, then an oval muffler after that, and then the canister at the end.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I run a racing header straight into pipe, and through factory resonater only. It sounds killer. It is loud, but thats okay, sounds pretty awesome. I think with a cat, (wich I no longer have) resonater, and muffler, it's to quite. It's gotta sound ballsy, get peoples attn. Screw that resonater, just run a muffler and pipe. The magnaflow w/out resonater system sounds good. Or just do what I did and cut the muffler off, and run a pipe to rear with a tip welded on, running just res. as only muffler. It doesn't have that ricey, tinny, mesquito sound at all. It rumbles!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts