Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OBX 4-2-1 Header ZX3 Zetec

NON-SVT

I have a OBX 4-2-1 header I bought (actually here) that I don't have a place for. I upgraded to TURBO!!!! [boxface]

It is a little rough, as in has some surface rust. The person I bought it from had header wrap on it that had reached end of life.

I removed the header wrap, cleaned it up, and attempted the VHT header paint (flat black), that ended up not sticking so well.

There is a bung plugged for the EGR and doesn't leak -- but is use-able if you have EGR in place still. NO LEAKS!!!!

I can post pictures if wanted/needed...

Looking for $70 shipped US OBO.

[clap]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey man, im in the market for a cheap header, can you post the pics I wanna see how bad the damage is

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man, im in the market for a cheap header, can you post the pics I wanna see how bad the damage is
I wouldn't call surface rust "damage". Probably not the best word for it...

Here are a few pics (sorry for the cell pics, quickest option):

Other than being a little ugly, though easy enough to clean up again, it has no issues. Doesn't leak and sounded pretty nice over stock...

Also, just realized the cardboard makes it look like stuff is flaking off and making a mess. Not the case! Was welding and got stuff everywhere the other day. Was just the closest piece of cardboard to set the pipe down on. lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not bad condition at all. Do you still have the other pipes that came with the header originally? This specific header is 125$ new and with the 2 other pipes

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not bad condition at all. Do you still have the other pipes that came with the header originally? This specific header is 125$ new and with the 2 other pipes
2 other pipes? Can you send me a link?

I bought this on it's own from another guy here on the forums. Butts right up to your stock overpipe...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Youre right im dumb. Im interested I just have to ask my friend thats welding my exhuast if this works with our plans

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Youre right im dumb. Im interested I just have to ask my friend thats welding my exhuast if this works with our plans
Cool. Just let me know.

Unless you're removing the overpipe, it will bolt right up to it. No problem.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We are removing everything. My current exhuast is leaky and rusty :D I need a new header anyway so ill most likley 85% take this off your hands. How much to ship to de?

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are removing everything. My current exhuast is leaky and rusty :D I need a new header anyway so ill most likley 85% take this off your hands. How much to ship to de?
What's your zip?

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
USPS is looking like about $35 to ship. I think its because of size more than anything...

So unless for some reason it is ungodly more than that after actually getting it in a box, then I think the original $70 still applies.

[wrenchin]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts