Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP!! lol

I recently purchased on Ebay, An OBX 4-2-1 Header Long tube.
Well i was wondering why i hadn't received it yet. Turns out the seller has sold out of it and offered me the OBX 4-1 header.

here is the link to the product on EBAY:

obx 4-2-1 header long tube

heres the link to the product he's offering me:

OBX 4-1 header

I want to know what the difference is between the two before i give him my answer.

He claims the obx 4-1 header give more HP gains than the one piece long tube.

Someone PLEASE help me!! All info is greatly appreciated! [thumb] [thumb]

Thanks everyone!

-Josiah

·
Registered
17 Posts
Generally speaking, a 4-1 header will give you higher peaks gains, meaning more top end power, but a 4-2-1 header will be a more rounded header. You will have less top end gain, but you will gain a little in the lower end.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
4-2-1 is superior in all ways to a 4-1 shorty...a long-tube header beats a shorty header any day of the week. The 4-1 shorties really aren't much better than the stock header with an ORP/highflow cat. Unless retaining the cat or being able to reinstall it without taking the header off is important you should go with the 4-2-1.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.

are any of the current auctions for the 4-2-1 header's any good to trust?

ill have to tell the guy to send my money back and i dont want the 4-1

ill stick with the 4-2-1 long tube

-josiah

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
4-2-1 is your best bet anyway, bummer about the dude running out . they shouldn't be able to list something that's not in stock, that not right getting your hopes up like that[:(]

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Why don't you just get a 4-1 long tube header?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the long tube over a year and 20K miles still is great and i have had the shorty go long tube much better in th elong run and the quality of these seems to be stellar espically for the price

1 - 8 of 8 Posts