·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Where in WI are you?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Finally A FIX! Found a local Ford guy that came over. He said the drivers side restraint wires are part of the network and when I took them out, it was an open circuit. He simply jumped two of the wires at the OBDII Port to the plug at the ECM and it all works!

What a relief!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Beloit area
Lake Geneva area here.....

I had this happen on my zx5....com wires shorted out only part of the ecu. Which was really weird to me. Luckily a friend had a zx5 with matching ecu numbers. I swapped his with mine. I could see my mileage again, of course it didn't start anymore due to different vin on ecu and security. So I ordered a new ignition switch with key and an ecu from budgetupullit in florida. If I was there it would have been $28 but I paid $20 for them to pull and $7 shipping which brought me up to $55. Car runs perfectly fine now

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Vin on the ECU does nothing its just for vehicle tracking...
the coded keys yeah that will cause it not to want to start.. i have a blanked ECU programmed with my GFTO calibration thats shows NA for the Vin and a second with the Vin off a salvage titled car and work fine..

I also have the ECU out of my parted 2002 wagon in my 2000 wagon that legally Deletes the side impact airbags and ABS from the car. its still running the wrong VIN to this day

the worst i get is threats from Ford it will cost me $200 to have them fix the vin on the ECU

the 4 letter code on the ECU is the calibration firmware for the vehicle.. i had to use 3 different ECU's to repair my non PZEV duratec after i ran a PZEV ECU on my 06 SAP and caused alot of the controllers to go berserk and out of calibration (burned out)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same with ford here. They wanted $140 to flash the ecu to my key. But I was able to replace everything for about a third of the price

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
they dont actually flash the ECU.. they just have the software to enable the masters to be reprogrammed... i have my own reprogrammer after i found out it cost me $590 for 2 new keys 2 new remotes and the drilling out of my old ignition cylinder after the cylinder broke one evening..

alot of learning Fords programming/ecu and a few friends in the business i found the software and made my own reprogrammer from cheap ebay items..

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
When entering this programming mode it will erase any fobs programmed into it previously

1. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.
2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.
3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to confirm programming.
4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
o.o odd seems for a few years it was different try this.. its out of my 2002 Focus owners manual.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
what do you mean locks autolock at the same time.. when you press lock?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fob works. Start car. Shut off. Pull key out. Wait until dome light goes off. When the light goes off the doors auto lock without pushing any buttons

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
o_O thats new NEVER seen that happen before usually you exit press the button lock it and the light goes out moments later..

21 - 38 of 38 Posts