Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed home from out of town last week and stopped and filled up my focus. Well, once home i topped off the tank and drove a few more miles and stopped to go in a store. While gone my wife said the car died. Well its been idling ruff and dying at stop lights. Finally the codes started coming. !st it was P2195. Then it was P0171. Then one for the Egr, but i cleaned it and got this code to disappear. Well, while checking for leaks i managed to break the Egr pressure sensor on one of the tubes. Both tubes have air coming from them. I've checked for vacuum leaks and can't find one. Sounds like one around back of throttle body, but can't find it. Maybe just the air inside the body? Cleaned the Maf sensor and had it unplugged and now its showing a code. Since this is our only car i need to get it fixed asap. Hard to fit 4 in a Ranger short cab! Anybody that could help would be appreciated![pray]

·
Registered
288 Posts
Check first the PCV hose where it connects to the back of the intake manifold underneath the throttle body. This hose often cracks and leaks, causing a lean condition at idle. Search is your friend here. This is a pattern failure on the Zetec. The EGR code was likely the DPFE sensor, also a pattern failure on the Zetec. Again, Search is your friend.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
^^^^yup, PCV hose, gets soft and falls apart, or collapses on itself. Focus hacks has a work around for the DPFE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts