Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of my O2 sensors died and had it replaced under warranty. I asked which one it was and i was told my car only had one oxygen sensor..... Doesnt the 2.3 with PZEV status have 3? Thats what I thought anyway. I know there should be at least 2, 1 for pre cat and 1 for post cat. Anybody know?

·
Registered
40 Posts
the first one is a o2 sensor but the other two are called heated oxigen sensor. the first is mid cat in a open space insid of your first cat the last one is after the cat. the computor wants to see what is not getting burnt.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They replaced on of the HO2S. Besides, heated or not an O2 sensor is an O2 sensor. The only thing that makes a difference in the heated is that they are electrically heated so the they warm up and go into closed loop operation as soon as possible. I would assume they would have explained it since they don't know I have mechanical knowledge, instead of BSing me and saying I only have 1

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
spyke427 said:
the first one is a o2 sensor but the other two are called heated oxigen sensor. the first is mid cat in a open space insid of your first cat the last one is after the cat. the computor wants to see what is not getting burnt.
an 02 sensor is an 02 sensor unless it is titania, what are you talking about?

heated or not, it measures the amount of 02....

·
Registered
696 Posts
spyke427 said:

[confused]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts