Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey focus family..i have a problem i have a 03 svt and it has 64k on it, and sometime in dec of 07 check engine light came on and it said that BOTH my
O2 sensors where bad.. [bigcry] i put 4 sets of o2 sensors in(upstream and downstream) and i jus replace it last week, and bam, came on again..So did anybody have this problem b4 and what they did to correct it.

thanks guys

tony

·
Registered
347 Posts
do you have a after market exhaust system??? if so, the o2's might not be reading correctly. this doesn't mean that there all bad, it just means that either there reading to rich or to lean, if to lean, they'll throw a code for being lean, same goes with running rich. or there might not be enough flow through them to register a reading for the computer. do you know what the PO#'s were for the codes???

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
What brand of sensors are you using? I've heard the Bosch ones avail at any parts store don't last, the only decent ones are the motorcraft ones available only at the dealer.

·
Registered
347 Posts
^^^^^^i agree with that statement, go with factory/dealer direct and spend the extra penny, instead of after market store bought sensors.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
blah blah....i bought a defective motorcraft o2 from the dealership! i asked them to warranty it. but in order to do that, i need a pinpoint test performed on the sensor to PROVE that it is faulty. guess how much the test costs.....yup, same price as a new sensor. F that!

so i bought a bosch. 3 weeks later and no problems. we will see. they also have a 12/12 warranty.

·
Registered
406 Posts
What codes were/are being set? Just because an O2 sensor code comes up does NOT automatically mean that they are bad. There are other things that will set the codes when the sensors are working perfectly....just out of range, for example.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the first 2 sets were both bosch, and the last set i jus bought upstream is motorcraft and the downstream is bosch..i forgot what the codes where but it came up o2 sensors, when i take it back to get it scanned ill get the code numbers.. its all stock setup.. the only thing i have is intake, but i had that for about 3yrs now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
might have a bumm cat is what it sounds like. if you ever get adventurous, remove the cat and tap it on the ground. just to see if anything falls out, if so, your gunna need a new cat. or get the ORP or something like that. just so the codes dont keep coming back. other wise, if its not a "clogged" cat or something related to a poor cat operation, you might be looking at a computer/wiring problem.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Let us know what the code is. Might not be a cat issue. If its like "bank 1 lean" or something like that, you could have a vaccuum connection that's not connected.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
any luck with the sensors.....im throughing a code that says something like my BANK 1 sensor not working properly is this the same code?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts