Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

G'Day from Australia.

I am about to recieve the Ford Racing modified SVT long tube header (ceramic coated), RT Hi flow cat, and 2.25 stainless flexpipe from C-F-M, for my 2.0 L Zetec.

Will the o2 sensors fit straight in? Or do they have to be modified (eg length)? Or is it a different configuration altogether?

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
They will need to be lengthened. Another hot spot when doing this conversion is with the power steering hose right near the header. It is a good idea to get a longer piece and wrap it around away from the header because this header can cause the stock zetec hose to melt spraying power steering fluid everywhere!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BigRed. Appreciate it

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I'm in the middle of doing this swap right now. I picked up a used SVT header from FocusSalvage, an off road pipe from the buy/sell forum and will be getting the SVT flex shortly. The O2 sensor will need to be lengthened (I believe). There are extension harnesses you can buy, but I don't see why you can't just splice in a longer wire. I will have to get an O2 cheater because I'm going to be running it without a cat, but you have an RT high flow, so you don't need to worry about that.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts