Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just read a thread about high flow cats and the effect of the 02 sensors, can / could / do 02 sensors have any effect on engine pickup, for what ever reason my svt doesn't seem to pickup like it used to, great once you get up to about 4k but seems slow to get away in first gear.

noticed it more this last weekend at an autocross.

i guess i should have added i've got no engine codes up at all

thanks

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Do you have a HFC installed now?
How many miles are on the engine?
When was the last tune up?

I'm assuming it's not a DSI problem, since you don't have any codes.

Maybe the weather was hotter and more humid than your previous events.
^^^SVTF does not take kindly to that kind of weather in reference to bottom end performance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't have the high flow cat, just standard. 64K. its just had a replacement ECU on, it could well be the conditions, this was about the hottest event i've run at. its got a k&n typhoon intake on and no snorkel from the front. was like that when i bought it. it could well be the heat was mid 90's last saturday. i am beginning to think i would be better getting hold of a standard airbox, and a snorkel to drag in some cooler air.

cheers

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
i am beginning to think i would be better getting hold of a standard airbox, and a snorkel to drag in some cooler air.
cheers
You're thinking is right on the money. [thumb]
Add a "tune" to that thinking, and you'll most likely not be needing to have this conversation again. [;)]
The tune does wonders for the bottom end and mid-range performance.
See here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36117

1 - 4 of 4 Posts