Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install heated O2 sensor on my SE 2000. Noticed that O2 sensor is hiding behind heated shield. I can see O2 sensor end tip but doubt if I can easily remove that using wrench.

So, should I remove heated shield first and then remove O2 sensor, OR I need to go under the car and remove it. Also, should I get O2 sensor removal tool or wrench would work fine.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
the tool makes it a lot easier. if you can remove it easier from underneath do that. i think it's prob easier from underneath. you'll most likely need to spray it with some pb blaster or other penetrator first and let it sit. It's undoubtedly going to be tight and stuck. Also if that doesn't work for you, if you have a blow torch you can carefully heat up the sensor around the threads. Just stay away from any wires and such. heat always helps losen rust

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removing O2 front sensor turned out really easy. I found it easier to remove heated shied than going under my car. Borrowed my neighbor's 22mm wrench and bought PB blaster from Autzone. Sprayed PB blaster, and let it rest for 5 mins. O2 sensor came out w/ very little effort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts