Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you see o2, o2 heater, and catalyst werent ready at inspection. Battery hasnt been disconnected since like june. DTCs were flushed 2k ago. I flashed back to stock from tune and then drove 150 miles and its still not clear on my forscan....any other thoughts on what to do?

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
Heater in O2 not working could do that..............

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm usually not one to recommend just throwing parts at a problem; but in this case, I'd just replace the O2 if I were you. Mine went bad at under 15k for no obvious reason. Just do yourself a favor and get an OEM one. Its been my experience that even good aftermarket brand ones can be flaky on certain makes/models/years. Especially when it comes to the heater circuit.

Reactions: saintsfins

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'd probably just replace the sensor as well. My upstream threw a code at around 100K miles. Under $50 for a Bosch at RockAuto.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wouldn’t recommend rockauto since their business practices are shady and they tried to scam me out of money at one point. I’d go to autozone instead and buy the Bosch, that’s what I did

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sorry to hear, but I've bought a few things from Rockauto with zero issues. They generally have the best shipped price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've order stuff through rockauto that came in missing pieces and was a total nightmare getting it resolved. I'd never deal with them for anything I need in a hurry.

I would recommend getting an NTK/NGK o2 sensor over the bosch they are far superior.

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
I don't get the problems at the Rock, I've done a hundred orders easy and never a problem ever. I have picked up on the incompetence of others leading to self-induced trouble though. Sooner or later it will likely happen to me but I always get things ironed out pretty easy everywhere else. Can't recall the last automotive part mistake I made, it's been years.

Rock dropped most/all phone service due to those same people killing them by not knowing what they want to endlessly order wrong parts to then have to return them, having been in parts more than once I can see where that becomes a problem. People now on average come in wanting the wrong part. The OTC parts stores now cater to the unlearned to drive all people in line behind them to finally walk out when they don't get served in 30 minutes and why those parts can now cost up to 300% more than Rock. By the time I quit my last parts stint I was sick of telling people what they were buying was not going to fix the problem only to have them come back wanting a return on it and primed to go off the second they saw me when they knew that I knew they had messed up. The DIY crowd is nowhere near as smart as it was 25 years ago, even mechanics that have done the work 'for years' were commonly quite incompetent. The technology has moved forward while they have gone backward.

If one does not concretely know what they want they have no business buying parts. Where most of the trouble comes from. If you question what you are doing as to the exactness of it then order local so you can easily give it back. You WILL have to pay extra for that though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Trying to blame rockauto’s incompetence on people who are doing everything they need to be doing is unreasonable. If you look rockauto up online they have hundreds of bad reviews, from rude customer service to incorrect items received.
I legitimately did not receive my item from them and they still charged me.

After my bank took it up with them legally, my money was reimbursed, but thinking the guys at rockauto had just simply made a mistake, I made the MISTAKE of ordering from them again. Big mistake. The guys at rockauto tried to pull a fast one and claimed I owed themfor my last order that was settled legally, and charged me for the part while refusing to send me my part in the mail. Again, I had my bank figure it out and was reimbursed. These guys follow bad business practices, plain and simple.

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
Bosch INVENTED the O2 technology FYI. I use them as well and years on them.

Rock? The parts store I worked at got hundreds of complaints and all day long too but 99% of them came back to be issues with people and lack of competence most of the time, I saw so much of it I couldn't believe it, suffice to say my impression of how smart the general public was dropped a huge amount. Fully 80+% of the returned bad parts had nothing wrong with them at all and I was the one that inspected and reboxed them to sell them again to another person smart enough to use them correctly and they never came back a second time.

A part that didn't show up? With the way UPS and Fed-Ex deliver now to addresses that are not yours when they can't find your location it is easy to get another part when they lose it. It's happened to me (more than once, Rock is not the only place with that trouble) and problem resolved with no trouble at all. Keep up with tracking and delivery dates to show you are on top of it and vendors work with you. Can't help there.

Hundreds of bad reviews, hundreds of incompetents, the math works to me. No insult to anybody here intended at all but work the business and get your eyes opened. QUICK. I've had somebody buy the same part 5 times (fuel pump) and told every time it had nothing to do with his issues, then he complained and tried to get the whole store as well as everybody in the customer service chain fired. PCM problem. He refused to admit it, and other behavior had us finally encourage him to buy elsewhere. You got that stuff 50X a day. Had a guy buy a creeper and put an engine on it to break it in half, then the dog tore off 3 out of the 4 wheels, hundreds of teethmarks on it. Wanted me to warranty it and I wouldn't, went elsewhere and bad mouthed our store to get a customer service audit whereupon looking at the part I was let off the hook. The guy then got mad and reported the second store because they didn't get me fired at the first store. A woman complained I broke her headlight assembly trying to change a bulb but I had a trainee with me showing him how to change bulb and a witness that when the broken headlight was discovered clearly heard me tell him do not touch any car with damage like that to not get blamed for it. The woman lied anyway trying to get a free headlight assembly. Another that ruined a trans by putting brake fluid in it then told manager I told her to. Another that claimed I sexually insulted her, weird as that woman was the most polite person you ever saw and no way to see that one coming. Later on it panned out she got dumped by husband for playing around on him. The guy who used low pressure rubber fuel line to patch MPFI and told not to and then line blew out to catch car on fire and lucky he didn't burn alive.

So many other incompetents I could go on and on. It's not just Rock Auto. And you for sure have no idea of the whacky things banging around in peoples' heads.

Like I said a hundred orders at Rock and no issues, the delivery guys though are always questionable. One time I started losing LOTS of things and traced to a house 15 blocks away that in some FUed way was marked at UPS as being a new delivery point for my stuff. They were about to drive the old man there crazy with all the stuff they dropped off there he didn't want. First words he said was 'I think I have some stuff of yours', pretty d-mn funny indeed. I ended up with doubles of lots of stuff that had to be sent again when it 'got lost'.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m glad you had plenty of great experiences with rockauto, but I had to take legal action through my bank in order to get rockauto to give me my money back on an order not once, but twice.

the first time they wouldn’t drop my car hood off during any reasonable business hour on multiple days of the week, instead stating that it be dropped off “sometime” (who knows when!?) during a 3 hour window on a Tuesday morning during work hours. failing that they insisted I let them place it at my door without being signed off on sight unseen. I insisted on signing off on the item, per their service agreement that if the item is not signed off on you cannot blame them for damage. It was the hood of a car. The likelihood that it was dented by their shipping agents was highly probable, and I will not accept an item that large without first inspecting it. They wouldn’t even let me go to the shipping agent and pick it up from them in order to be able to sign off on having seen the item. They refused to work with me and then refused to deliver the item at all. Sounds kinda fishy to me...

It took months and months to get my money from rockauto, and the next time I ordered from them they tried taking my money and not even shipping the small item that did not need to be signed off on. Then again I had to complain to my bank and be reimbursed due to their fraudulent business practices.

just because you had plenty of positive experiences does not negate my or anyone else’s negative experiences and customer service. I have hadnegative experiences with them, as have others, and I warn all others to hesitate before using rockauto

I also want to say that working in the industry can absolutely help you see the other side, and you’re probably right about many businesses, but from my experience rockauto is not honorable and does not “work with you” the way many other businesses might. Especially if they ended up shutting down their customer service lines like you said they did, sounds like they don’t even care.

good customer service is good business practice 101

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
You don't get it and why some of the trouble. People think everybody is supposed to 'work with you' yet some business models don't work that way. The Rock being one. Their pricing is low because they choose not to do that and why the OTC parts places have prices 300% higher so you CAN order them about to a certain extent and make them jump through hoops. You don't get that kind of service without paying for it and unreasonable to think you do. Why they killed phone lines, it lowered their shipping pieces per hour rate.

Take the hood. You order a hood LOCAL so you have control over much more there and pick it up where it comes in to who you bought it from. You're begging for trouble ordering something like that from Rock. They absolutely have no control over the delivery and I don't care who says otherwise, USPS, UPS, or Fed-Ex are going to do what they are going to and Rock can't tell them spit.

There is no longer equal customer service at all places and the sooner people learn that the less grief they bring on themselves. You have to learn the ways of who you are dealing with. Not doing so will have them turn on you instantly.

I for one expect the right part thrown into a box and sealed and shipped and that's it from Rock. You don't discuss any frills, bells, or whistles and don't ask them if the part will be in at such and such time as they have no control over it other than getting close enough to likely tell the day of delivery and now they often can't even do that when UPS decides I'll deliver it tomorrow to gang up with another shipment far off the beaten path like I am. To save fuel and get off work a little earlier. They mark things as delivered that day but they don't show until the next day but early and it makes them look faster.

You were begging for trouble with a hood, it being the nature of the beast. Here you never sign a package inspection, you still have the right to a complaint against the shipper and where most of the trouble lies. I've found my stuff at the end thrown in an alley before by looking at the delivery notice address. As well as in my yard but inches from the street. 3 hour delivery window? Don't make me laugh. Not Rock's problem.

It's the SHIPPER that usually is at fault there.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have ordered hundreds and hundreds of parts from RockAuto. Out of those hundreds of orders I've only received one broken part.

The price difference can be massive with RockAuto it is definitely worth it and they ship very fast to my property.

RockAuto has nothing to do with shipping they cannot control that.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
First you tell me and I quote "Keep up with tracking and delivery dates to show you are on top of it and vendors work with you." Then you tell me (after I made it clear that Rockauto does NOT work with you), and I quote, "People think everybody is supposed to 'work with you' yet some business models don't work that way. The Rock being one."

Your arguments are completely inconsistent and you change the goal posts constantly. Your standards for Rockauto change on the tip of a hat, to the point where it seems you are just defending them for no apparent reason. Either you work for Rockauto, or you've been burnt too many times in the industry to where you defend bad business indiscriminantly.

They can and do control their customer service, as well as the policies around shipping, actually. After Rockauto did not honor the policies they set in place regarding shipping, I had to fight for (and won) my money back directly from Rockauto. They then attempted to take my money and not send me the part when I placed an order over a year later, which goes to show their bad customer service. Try to defend what is indefensible with moving goalposts. They hired the shipping agent and set in place shipping policies that they and I must both honor, then and they refused to work with me regarding my shipping issue and had to be legally forced to return the money after not honoring their own policies=bad business practices plain and simple.

The shipper was just doing their job. Rockauto did not make any attempt to work to resolve the issue with me, even though neglecting to do so went directly against their policies and procedures. Do not put policies in place unless you are willing to honor said policies. They do not do so when push comes to shove.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jesus. He needs an O2 sensor, not a subjective seminar in business ethics. I think whomever he chooses to patronize for that purchase can likely handle it without much issue.

Personally, I was recently screwed out of a weekend fishing trip thanks to Napa's incompetence (I ordered a FORD power steering pump and they handed me a Saginaw). No apologies from them either; but whatevs. Mistakes happen. Sometimes by the seller, sometimes by the buyer. So long as both parties come out of it alive then it's not worth holding onto the anger.

Reactions: saintsfins

·
Registered
48 Posts
True, you’re right about that, and i didn’t hold it against them until on my next order from them over a year later they tried to claim I owed them for the last order (which I never received and which was handled legally in my favor) and took my money without sending me the part.

mistakes happen, but when a company goes above and beyond to be spiteful aboutthe mistake then it leaves a bad taste.

Anyway yeah, I’d use Bosch as well just because they have always been reliable for me. Also they supposedly invented the o2 sensor, but then again I went to the place in CT that claims to have invented the hamburger and it’s not very good tbh... also the place in buffalo that supposedly invented the buffalo wing isn’t very good either...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts