Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the downstream 02 female connection? Just wanting clarity as I am just learning about this car and am having some problems with it

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed. No more error code for that... Now I'm getting...

P1518
P1381
P1383

First one I'm going to try the fix of cleaning the Contact.

The other two... Wtf how can my cam be advanced and retarded at the same time? Im not really feeling tearing this top end apart at this time. Any chance this is just a fluke? Im going to try to reset the comp and see if it works. If not... Ant suggestions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thought i would post a pic of my cam gears. Im fairly sure they have deleted the vct. "Did some research into these gears". Is there a sensor I shod check into cleaning? The car had this done when I bought it and popped the codes only after I fixed the downstream o2.. If that helps at all and any help or advice " since I know little about this car " helpss greatly 🍻

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Your car has VCT deleted, so unless it is tuned out too, it is going to throw those codes. You'll need a custom tune to fix, or re-install VCT.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K last question for a while. Will leaving the code that way be causeing the car to run bad? Im having rough start issues. Thanks man I appreciate your help and knowledge greatly 🍻

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
K last question for a while. Will leaving the code that way be causeing the car to run bad? Im having rough start issues. Thanks man I appreciate your help and knowledge greatly 🍻
No problem man! And I THINK yes. I say that because any one of those codes will cause a huge loss of power/limp mode. BUT, I don't know if the ECU does that by not advancing intake timing at all, which is the state you're in permanently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts