Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the SVT header kit from McNews and installed it myself. shortly after that, I got code P0133 (O2 slow responce). I slaped in a new Bosh O2 and a few monthes later (now) it comes back.

Has anyone had this issue? What did ya do?

I have installed a O2 angle block on Audi's and that took care on their O2 problems. It's like a O2 cheet adapter that installs between the cat and O2 sensor. I'm a VW/Audi Tech at a preformance shop, so I know more about VW's and Audi's then my car at this point.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This might help:
FJ said:
P0133 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Slow Response (HO2S-11) The HEGO Monitor checks the HO2S Sensor frequency and amplitude. If during testing the frequency and amplitude were to fall below a calibrated limit, the test will fail. Contaminated HO2S sensor.
Exhaust leaks.
Shorted /open wiring.
Improper fueling.
MAF sensor.
Deteriorating HO2S sensor.
Inlet air leaks.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
prob cuz you got bosch sensors... i have always got problems from bosch sensors... motorcraft works best for me.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
I ran through about 2-3 rear 02 sensors before i figured out the problem. It has to do with the 02 Extension. I luckily had a buddy who make one from scratch and i haven't had the problem return. I got my kit used, so i don't know if you would be able to ask for another one from whoever you bought yours from. I got a bosch 02 and 2 Ford 02's before by buddy gave me his to use. Haven't had a problem since!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I got the O2 extensions from McNews with the kit. I'll throw it up on the lift tomarrow at work and check for continuity on the extension. I didnt get motorcraft O2's b/c of the price but maybe I got what I paid for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts