Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am clueless when it comes to suspension.
I cant do anything expensive.
Maybe 200-250 is what ive got set aside.
I can get used parts ebay i dont mind.

Whats the best setup for a 2 inch drop? Cant do eibach unless i find a miracle.

ij ust wnat something that will work well and not wear my tires wierd.
wont clunk....take regualre wear and tear..

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump? anyone? chest bump? Booty bump?

·
Wales!!
10,218 Posts
its not 2" drop but i would go with svt suspension. its around $200 and i believe it comes with both sway bars too? correct me if im wrong.
u can usually buy eibach springs on craigslist for around $80, u could prolly find roush front struts for $100 and shocks for $80 on ebay

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
See if brad will sell his. He was talking about he wanted a diff suspension from his.

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol brads...it was clunking all the time and i think thats why hes getting rid of it. That suggestion Wales said sounds interesting.
Roush struts can handle a 2 inch drop without wearing my tires? Is their something specific i need to look for?
ANd then shocks on ebay, what should i look for to make sure they can handle a 2 inch drop?
thanks for the help guys.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Don't do a suspension unless you do it right.

You want 2 inch drop? Springs alone will be 160-200 bucks. Thats for progress springs (1.8") or Sportlines (2.2").

Dampers for that are KYB AGX (400 bucks) or prokit dampers (would be over worked because they are too low of spring for the damper). Save your money and do it right the first time.

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol your signature violated the rules?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
i am clueless when it comes to suspension.
I cant do anything expensive.
Maybe 200-250 is what ive got set aside.
I can get used parts ebay i dont mind.

Whats the best setup for a 2 inch drop? Cant do eibach unless i find a miracle.

ij ust wnat something that will work well and not wear my tires wierd.
wont clunk....take regualre wear and tear..
You can't do a two inch drop for the amount of money you want to spend and do it correctly. You WILL NEED new shocks and they need to be ones that are designed to handle springs that low. Two inches in my opinion will compromise ride comfort to a significant degree and cause some everyday problems. A 1.5 inch drop is far better in terms of maintaining ride quality, minimizing drive problems (pot holes, speed bumps, etc) and will result in very good (if not excellent) handling improvements. There are several very good spring shock kits worth considering but they'll set you back $360.00 (Ford Racing) to $475.00 or so (Eibach Pro System). For about 275.00 you can get the mentioned SVT suspension kit. While not as low it's the best bang for the buck there is.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
I dont know if id do a huge drop if i were you bill. Its up to you but you could do like 1.5 inch i think the ford racing setup is that. Thats what i think im going to go with when I drop mine more. I have the svt setup and its enjoyable but I want more of a drop. Are you looking for just the look or the performance of the drop?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i'd say do the FRPP kit from b16 on here... 360 for everything and the front assembly is installed for you... can't beat it. 1.5 inch drop and rides real well.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
I think the best spring/strut option out there is KYB AGX and Progress springs.

1.8" Drop and amazing shocks/struts. It runs the toll of about 600 bucks, but well worth it.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
hey guys the agx's arnt ment for anything more than 1.5 inch drop. i have them with my stech's and well they are screwed, they blew about 3 months later. thats a 2.2,2.0 drop btw

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
hey guys the agx's arnt ment for anything more than 1.5 inch drop. i have them with my stech's and well they are screwed, they blew about 3 months later. thats a 2.2,2.0 drop btw
I had them on Progress springs for over a year, and a friend used them longer than that. They were amazing till the day he sold the car, and it got sold again.

1.8" is close enough to the 1.5" I never bottomed out the struts ever.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
gotta pay to play, do it right or don't do it at all. i have learned the hard way.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
I had them on Progress springs for over a year, and a friend used them longer than that. They were amazing till the day he sold the car, and it got sold again.

1.8" is close enough to the 1.5" I never bottomed out the struts ever.

also it says right in the flyer you get with the struts do not use on a drop more than 1.5 so i wouldnt recomend it

·
Registered
972 Posts
just as a side note, you will defiantly want to consider the SPC rear camber arms also, a 2" drop will eat you wheels in a month if you don't properly set all camber and toe adjustments, trust me it took me a while before I learned that, you may also want to do the adjustable front plates as well

1 - 20 of 25 Posts