Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Currently I'm running a 2.5 fusion swap with cams and bolt on making 210 to the wheels. I'm running a fidanza flywheel, and sachs clutch and pressure plate with zero issues. The tranny is a 4.06 with a mfactory short ration 3,4,5 and I'm running gravel rally tires on gravel, so not a lot of load.

I'm building another motor with Piper road race cams, a little more than a stage 3 crower, higher compression and a mustang 75mm t body on a cossie intake.

What is the little of the stock clutch setup.. Anyone have a dyno sheet showing X running the stock pieces. I bought a Spec stage 2 this spring and it was garbage, could only use half throttle other it would slip. Took it in and out 3x times checking for a mess up on my end, no idea what the issue was.

Thoughts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My concern is I will be making more power to the wheels and would rather not have the clutch start slipping on stage.
Dyno sheet showed the stock fusion intake falling off at 6700 rpm and that was with a 67mm fsweks t body and stage 2 cams, so I see that being a bottle neck in the system

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, what was the root cause of the power drop.?
Assuming it was the factory intake engineered for redline of 6000, but you never share dyno sheets. Care to elaborate
Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To keep the power from dropping off you need compression #1 , cams , good flow

Good flow meaning air in and air out

Tom
Stock 2.5 compression, 9.5 I believe, stage 2 crower which aren't that impressive, and fs werks header and 2.5" header back. I also run a 67 t body and 3" intake pipe and K&N cone filter on a short ram set up.

So guessing compression.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts