Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night my buddy and I went to the track to see what my newly nitroused focus would turn. Stock on this car i was turning a 16 flat. With a 50hp shot of nitrouse i turned a 14. 6. Then beetween time trials and bracket racing i jeted the nitrouse to a 75hp shot and turned a 13.9sec in the quarter mile. I was pretty impressed. Install went great and i def think it gives you a nice little bang for your buck. Respond for questions or comments please. Thanks[:D]

·
Registered
409 Posts
13.9, I bet that was fun! What did you do for traction???

·
Registered
930 Posts
See, now I KNOW I need to put it on my car. What specific NX kit are you running, wet or dry, etc. I'm still leaning towards a venom vnc-1000...but I dunno.

With my setup I am positive I can run a 14.999x NA when it cools down, so with nitrous, I would prolly be sick...lol.

Oh yeah, post up your time slip specifics..I am interested in 60fts, etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Traction

My car came stock with pirelli p6 tires. And I put tein H-Tech sport springs on. I dont spray when im in 1st gear then half way through 2nd i spray for about 2 seconds then spray through every gear after. Without those springs i would just spin all the way down the track. I spun allot with everything stock.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
venom

I have the Nitrouse Express main line kit. Its a basic kit but i threw a couple extra things in there to make it better. Relay, bottle heater, fully open throttle switch etc. just to play it safe. I brought my 60ft times from like 2.5 somethin to 2.3 pretty sure. dont have the slips on me. I keep you posted though. The venom system i was looking at but it didnt really tickle me cus i dont have all the fancy high tech stuff in my car. As long as you play it safe and do everything right nitrouse is fun and safe. Im def glad i got it. at first i was hessitant, afraid of blowing my motor but when all was said and done it wasnt so bad. Just do your homework and all will be good.

·
Registered
930 Posts
We have it on another one of our cars (it was originally bound for my corvette, but a v6 mustang sounded like it needed it more). I was just worried about spraying fuel through these flaps and shiznit. Seems like ample opportunity to have an intake backfire, that's why I was looking at the dry, yet fuel regulated, venom.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
netdrgoon, you usin drag radials? cuz a 2.18 is pretty damn low for your mods...now back on topic

congrats man, good luck on all the nitrous [thumb]....i dunno about yalls blocks in the d20/d23, dont seem as well put together, seen too many bend rods and stuff with only like 30k miles on it...have you gotten a tune for it?

·
Registered
930 Posts
yes, the 2.18 was on drag radials, however, I did a 2.23 on the stocker eagle rs-a's before my tune and header. The day I did the 2.18 it was damn hot. I'm ready for fall and some better not hot as hell times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.