Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 focus with zetec. i have a fidanza flywheel, 4-1 header, 2.25 exhaust, cai, msd ignition, SCT software tuned. and a 255 fuel pump. i have 152 wheel hp, 154 wheel tq on a mustang dyno. i just put a 100 shot nx express kit in it. it ran at 227whp on a 75 shot just fine. then we increased it to 100 shot we made 247whp on the 8 pass, increasing in increments. still on a mustang dyno. then on the 9 pass at 5100rpm at 190whp, wide open throttle, the intake manifold blew up. took the maf with it. just wondering if anyone else has tried 100 shot? it's not just thrown into the car. it's all laptop tuned live by wire. maybe i should stick to a 75 shot?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I wouldnt think it should have blown up just from the shot, it sounds like you had some type of backfire.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Moving to Forced induction... you'll get better answers there.

Plus theres a nitrous sticky there that may help you some as well.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I know a guy locally that tuned his with 100 shot and he had good results until he cracked his head and burnt the valves.

I know there are several others here that have ran NOS and I am sure they can help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know a guy locally that tuned his with 100 shot and he had good results until he cracked his head and burnt the valves.

I know there are several others here that have ran NOS and I am sure they can help.
i was going to use the NOS 100 shot kit but i was told that 100 shot makes 60 wheel. the nx gave me 100 wheel. although it's good to know that 100 shot is to much. i'll back of to a 75 shot which gave me 227 wheel. hopefully my manifold can handle it. thanks

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Just FYI, most NOS and NX kits makeMORE than advertisedHP.

The manifold will holdfine,its the pistonsandrods,if you can keep detonation out of thecar,it will hold forawhile. 100 shot is asking alot on the stock components though. Running race fuel will help,as well as cooler plugs, richerfuel jet on the nitrous kit. Pull some timingout of the car, and conside doing a direct port kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts