Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
depends on your cam timing...could see jack shit...or serious power loss with the race header...or 15whp...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i should put cam gears in there to shouldnt i and cams...who makes a good cam gear? i was thinkin of goin with the crower stage 2 cams but dunno wut cam gear i should get..forgot bout that tho.thanks for sayin sumtin about cams kickn

·
Registered
347 Posts
I heard that Esslinger makes good cam gears. The Ice-man is louder than stock but is not as loud as a intake with a cone filter. I think anywayz.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would recommend cam and adj. cam sprockets, yes. Anytime you change the intake and exhaust, especially a race header setup, you are messing with the flow. So tuning should be done. The Focus is notorious for not being tuned all that well off the manufacturing floor anyway, even a stock Focus with just adj. cam sprockets can pick up some lost power.

Do your intake and exhaust mods, then as soon as you can afford to, at least adj. cam sprockets, stage 2 cam gears if you can afford to at the same time. The bigger problem is dyno time and the cost associated with it. To do it right, you will need to get to a tuning shop wth a dyno and have them tune in the cam sprockets for maximum power.

·
Registered
717 Posts
FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR said:
prolly 2 hours at the most..would that be a good place to go and have them tune the gears and dyno the car?
Yes, that would be a very good place. I'm not sure they have techs available for tuning, so you might want to call first.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i looked around on the net for more dyno and tuning shops but couldnt find any..sucky..well good thing u gave me that addy for that one ray..but wut if they dont have techs?

·
Registered
717 Posts
You won't find anyone closer to you. I used to live in Newburyport, MA, just minuted to NH and I tried everywhere to find someone...

Call them, they might very well have techs to do the tuning, I just don't recall. I'm pretty sure they do, from what I see on their website. I only say check with them, cause some dyno shops don't offer tuning services, just dyno time and you do your own tuning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts