Votes: 0 0.0%
  • flywheel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
You should get a header back exhaust. Then cams and a tune. That should be enough for a while.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
get all of that hot air out. header, exhaust, if you cant do both at the same time just
start with the exhaust. Happy modding!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow a unanimous vote! i never thought i'd see one of these! wonder how long it will last :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
EXHAUST ha I love mine adds a nice note and you need to get that air out of there. Next month I am takin of my exhaust and redoing it all and gettin headers. cant wait!

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Exhaust also, all those other engine parts will be worthless if your car cant breath.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so figurin' about a $300 budget, what kind of exhaust should i get? i heard trubendz is pretty decent quality and relatively inexpensive

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and will full exhaust systems be quieter or louder than just an aftermarket muffler? i have the stock resonator and muffler cut out, and a muffler on the end, which is pretty loud and deep, but not too much. i don't have to turn my radio up to full blast to hear it, but i love the sound i have with this muffler. any ideas?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Header will give you more gains than exhaust overall, but exhaust first. Then header. Unless you can swing both at the same time.

Header ends up giving around 7-10whp on a car with intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i have a question that is exhast related....

i want to get a exhast as well, because i have the intake, TB and rear sway bar already. But i dont have the set up to install the exhaust on my own. I know part of the fun is doing things yourself, but i cant in this case. so.....

About how much should i be paying for someone to install a cat-back exhast for me. And is there any place in particular that anyone can suggest. I was thinking about just going to meineke or something like that. But any other suggestions, thanks.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
it is bolt up but you have to cut the stock exhaust off.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i seen that video before, but i wasn't sure how loud it was, i didn't know how high or low to turn up my volume. it sounds pretty sweet, though. i just wonder how it would sound with headers

·
Registered
124 Posts
Exhaust, you need to let the car expel all the air that its breathing in better with the intake you put in. That's my next upgrade as I've already done the intake with a Steeda CAI. I'm planning on an MBRP cat back exhaust system myself.

NefCanuck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts