Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I find the bolts that hold the coils down? No 1 is screwed and will not come out no matter how hard we try so I need to find a replacement for that one. Can I find them at ford or do I have to go to advanced and try to locate one that way I just emailed the seller to see if they can include one.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Ford should have 'em avail., but if they don't have it in stock try a Motorcycle Dealer (Japanese type).

Your local hdwe. probably only has them in the 10mm head version, and to match you're looking for a flange bolt with an 8mm head. 6X1.0 should be the size, just measure the shaft length. Taking a sample is the fastest way to find a match.

Honda uses them a LOT, but Yamaha, Kawasaki might have them handy as well (they don't use them as much) - depends on the size of the Dealer, any large one has bins of hdwe. in the parts dept. they can pick from.

I use my official T-handle wrench (8mm) from Honda Cycle shop days to spin them out, they used flange bolts the most. Yamaha liked Allen bolts more, though they used both & Suzuki isn't a good source as they like separate bolts/washers for most applications.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts