Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking to do an aftermarket grille and remembered seeing it done cheaply before. so i was at home depot and saw the gutter covers and just bought 3 of them,because i figured the bottom grille would need two. i covered the whole bottom grille with the two gutter covers and just matched the middle seem up as best as possible, and the top grille wouldn't bend right to sit closer to the blinkers so i cut it to length and cut it in the middle and its almost doesn't look like it has been cut.......it only took me two hours of cutting and trimming and $10.41 at home depot, and i am goen to possible paint it when it stop raining........what does everyone think???????
Before

After

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
ya sorry, but ive never liked them, its always uneven and looks tacky

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
Needs to be painted black, and maybe re-do the top.

I had one for a while but got tired of it. I just took it off and niteshaded the turns, looks alot better imo.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,212 Posts
once painted i could see it lookin alright...but ive just never been a big fan of that look.. not bad for first attempt tho

·
Registered
740 Posts
ya they dont look good at all. but paint em black will change the total look of it. i did this when i first got my car here are a cpl pics of how different plain to painted look

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
^^ that does not look bad at all, i would go for that redo the top and get some black paint but hay dam good job for just winging it with a first attempt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes they need to be painted black to make it look good. When I first did it, it was okay, but after doing them in black it looked way better.

If you need help let me know. I can walk you through redoing the top grille.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts