Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have the sel and the glovebox usb worked for couple weeks. Recently it stopped working my first thought was ok my phone screwed up. But no i attached my ipod via usb and nothing. I also tried a usb drive and all it says is that usb empty. Help please I would really appreciate and i already complained to ford

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My bad [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]Counsule Usb[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*

·
Registered
411 Posts
Take it back to the dealer, that's why you have a warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take it back to the dealer, that's why you have a warranty.
Ok do you really think im that stupid? If i had the time or the patiance to deal with my ford dealer i would but i dont so thats why i am asking

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry to bother you with the facts. Ford knows how to fix these things. People on here don't. Sooo forget about my response.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You can try pulling the fuse that's labeled as being for Sync in your car. It being pulled for a few minutes may reset something. It's worth a shot if you don't have time to work with a dealer right now.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ok do you really think im that stupid? If i had the time or the patiance to deal with my ford dealer i would but i dont so thats why i am asking
Wow, that's quite a response from someone seeking advice. As already stated, try pulling fuse 67, third from the top, second row from the left. If that doesn't work, the car is under warranty, take it to a Ford service department for repair. If you don't have the time or patience to deal with a qualified service department, don't use the USB port.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
What you want to do is pull out your laptop and dial into the back end of the MFT system. Once you've decoded the kernel you can then make adjustments to the hardware mounting and make the system recognize the drive that it is no longer seeing.

Or you can roll into your dealer and have them apply the update that is the problem.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry for my flippant response but I have read so many things on here that could have been answered by a good dealer. I fell if you have a new car you should take the time to take it back to the dealer. People put Ford down because they don't want to take the time to take it back to the dealer to get their problem fixed.

Sorry if I offended anyone but not sorry for people that aren't going to take the time and get their problem fixed. I have been a Ford person for over 41 years now and I bleed Ford Blue.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Gobird, I think your response was justified. Someone asks for help, we don't have all the answers, yet they don't have time to take it to a dealer. Too bad. We aren't paid or trained to come up with all the answers. To top it off, he just registered, posts the topic "nothing works" and then has an attitude because he didn't like your answer. Take it with a grain of salt, he was already asking about cutting off the mufflers on a 2012 Focus for god's sake.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Posting order should go:

1. Think

2. Type

3. Spell check

Posting order does go:

1.Type

2. Get salty

3. All caps

·
Registered
411 Posts
gobird, i think your response was justified. Someone asks for help, we don't have all the answers, yet they don't have time to take it to a dealer. Too bad. We aren't paid or trained to come up with all the answers. To top it off, he just registered, posts the topic "nothing works" and then has an attitude because he didn't like your answer. Take it with a grain of salt, he was already asking about cutting off the mufflers on a 2012 focus for god's sake.
Thanks for that response!!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Bash it with a hammer until it works to your liking or remain on this forum and post hostile messages to/at people trying to help you.

Either way, both scenarios suck!

·
Banned
210 Posts
If you didn't plan on taking it to the dealership when it brakes, you should have just told them that.

Probably could have gotten it cheaper lol.

How are people on the internet supposed to diagnose electrical problems? The great telepathic multi meter in the sky?

LOL @ Ford quality, once again.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
If you didn't plan on taking it to the dealership when it brakes, you should have just told them that.

Probably could have gotten it cheaper lol.

How are people on the internet supposed to diagnose electrical problems? The great telepathic multi meter in the sky?

LOL @ Ford quality, once again.
Do You really want Me to tell people what You really drive?[shhh]
*searches for worm can opener*

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a SEL and had some wonkiness with the USB port. Pulling fuse 67 for five minutes solved my problem because it resets the Sync power module.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[?|]
I have a SEL and had some wonkiness with the USB port. Pulling fuse 67 for five minutes solved my problem because it resets the Sync power module.
Ok thanks. I will most likely do that and see what happens

Sorry for my flippant response but I have read so many things on here that could have been answered by a good dealer. I fell if you have a new car you should take the time to take it back to the dealer. People put Ford down because they don't want to take the time to take it back to the dealer to get their problem fixed.

Sorry if I offended anyone but not sorry for people that aren't going to take the time and get their problem fixed. I have been a Ford person for over 41 years now and I bleed Ford Blue.
Yeah i mean dont get me wrong I love ford along with mazda and I have nothing against them but its the dealer that pisses me off. Anyway my bad for the response kinda too hostile. Im working two jobs so I can pay the insurance and my car off because it wasnt cheap so once again if i came off hostile my bad

Thanks for the advice people

1 - 19 of 19 Posts