Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Razzi side skirts are to short, my mid wing keeps pulling away from the car on the pass. side. Plus the wrap around tips don't line up with the center piece right. I'm getting really pi$$ed. I clear caulked the wing where it mounted to the hatch, but how it's pulling away, it looks sooo ghetto now. You can see the caulk is pulling and stretching, and you can see the two sided tape under it. I'm so irritated, seems like nothing fits my car like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
613 Posts
ashtabula, wow, I go to conneaut every now and then
but your' problem, ditch the entire kit off it to some stupid kid
and I hope you didn't spend more than a couple hundred
good luck offing it

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the kit a lot, Im just gonna ditch the side skirts. The front and rear are a perfect fit. I only paid $75 for it. My mid wing is the thing that sucks, I always wanted one, it looks great to!! I just need it to fit better.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im reattaching the wing, Im screwing it on. Skirts I'm just tossing. I need some new ones.

·
Registered
527 Posts
make sure you dont silicon the whole mid wing. make sure the water can still drain.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I siliconed part of it, left a drain spot over the ford emblem. But I've got the wing back off right now. I'm gonna drill and mount, didnt want to if I didn't have to. But looks like I have to, I'd rather do that than ditch it, it looks great. And my S2 wing is mounted that way as well.
I got the Razzi kit from a guy in MI. It was new and unpainted at the time. Said he fit it, but never mounted it b4 he totaled his car out. I had to hack the driver side skirt to get it to fit.
Oh, Kyllgore, I work in Conneaut actually. What brings you all the way up there?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
that sucks good luck in getting to fit everything worth having takes a little work and always seams to be a pain in the a$$ at somepoint

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
elliottcarlose said:
that sucks good luck in getting to fit everything worth having takes a little work and always seams to be a pain in the a$$ at somepoint
I agree, nothing good comes easy. Thanks for your encouragement.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I feel your pain. I have a set of tail lights and a carbon fiber fuel door that i bought and they dont fit my car I was pissed. Either way I wish you good luck, and I hope to see some pictures once the wing is mounted

·
Registered
613 Posts
Bizzy, my grandparents live there,
I'm sure if you ever go down main street, the Big white house
with a barn and a HUGE empty yard next to it right across from
a cemetary and a DQ, I was up there in December last,
it was the warmest winter I've spent up there

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know where that is Kyllgore. I work in Conn., I also grew up and went to school there. I moved to Ashtabula when I turned 18. Bout 13 yrs ago almost, heh. I'm getting old!!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
bizzy - if you're willing to come to lancaster, i can get your wing on without having to drill. . . i have my ways ;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
are you still drilling it?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes. I have tried remounting with adhesive, but it keeps sliding, it's too heavy.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cbrenn71 said:
bizzy - if you're willing to come to lancaster, i can get your wing on without having to drill. . . i have my ways ;)
I don't even know where Lancaster is. lol.

·
Registered
776 Posts
i know here lancaster is. I'm in Marietta and lancaster is about an hour drive from here. Just thought I'd share. Always get excited when other FF members are sorda close by.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts