1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up FF?

So here is my situation...........

I have a 10 SE Auto

I recently replaced both my axles the passenger side went well. Then I proceeded to do the driver side. As I used a slide hammer to remove the driver side. The minute it popped out a whole bunch of oil came spilling out and it didn't seem normal. But I went and replaced the axle along with the seal. Being that the auto parts store was not walking distance and all the other available cars to drive weren't available. I had to drive my car to the auto parts store. They didn't have the oil I needed nor the gasket [?|]. So I tried again the next day and this is when it got real.

As I started driving, first gear was fine but when it went in to second gear it almost sounded like it was still in first ( But I saw it switch gears through the Rpm). But it wouldn't go into third after that. When I went to step on the gas it was almost like it was in neutral. Then the wrench light and ABS light came on. So I instantly pulled over and let it cool off for a bit and checked the trans fluid. It was at the min. level. But this is where it gets crazy I turn the car back on and take a guess what happens? The wrench light goes away and the abs light goes away after about 10 seconds of driving. I proceed to drive home very lightly about 25 miles. Just to test waters I went up to about 35 miles it went into second gear gave the neutral feeling and then BAM! The lights are back! Turned the car off instantly and turned it back on the lights are gone. ( I pulled over to do this btw lol)

Now its pretty obvious i need to flush the system but my question is am I too late? Is there anything else. Anybody have this type of problem.

I can not afford a dealer and like most guys who work on their own cars we don't know everything so I just need to learn through others.

All help would be appreciated Thanks in advance. The car is currently not being driven.

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
DID YOU EVER PUT THE PROPER AMOUNT OF OIL BACK IN TRANS??????

If you have burned up clutchpacks now because you didn't, you only have yourself to blame..............

If ATX oil low enough so that weird things start happening you INSTANTLY quit driving car and not until more fluid put in. I've seen them torn up with as little as 30 seconds of shifting trying to occur but no lockup happening, the clutch discs then slide until they seize up and can happen in seconds. Trans is junk after that. Seen it happen with as little as 1/2 quart low on fluid at the wrong time........

You check trans fluid with engine RUNNING, if turned off like post seems to say then the minimum reading you got was actually OFF THE END OF DIPSTICK real world operating.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DID YOU EVER PUT THE PROPER AMOUNT OF OIL BACK IN TRANS??????

If you have burned up clutchpacks now because you didn't, you only have yourself to blame..............

If ATX oil low enough so that weird things start happening you INSTANTLY quit driving car and not until more fluid put in. I've seen them torn up with as little as 30 seconds of shifting trying to occur but no lockup happening, the clutch discs then slide until they seize up and can happen in seconds. Trans is junk after that. Seen it happen with as little as 1/2 quart low on fluid at the wrong time........

You check trans fluid with engine RUNNING, if turned off like post seems to say then the minimum reading you got was actually OFF THE END OF DIPSTICK real world operating.
Lol you can tell from my post transmissions isn't a strong spot. I did check with the car off. From reading posts and forums I may have mistaken check fluid with engine at running temperatures than actually leave it running. Im going to flush it completely and hopefully its not too late. If it is then it is only my fault. You live and learn[thumb]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts