Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me whether these will look good on an 01 focus zts?

I'm green on mods and would appreciate anyone's feedback.

Thanks!
Marc
[:)]

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
those rims are not bad and you can definately look in tirerack but i have done that before and not all rims look good on my zts.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
What size?
They look okay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're 16s, and they're $299 for a set of four. I just wasn't that sure if they were cool enough compared to other rims (except of course for those above $5-600 bucks)

BTW, thanks for all your help on this guys. Appreach... [:D]

Marc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hotfocus/Vin-Sanity: I hadn't thought about 17s... But that brings up a new question ... Would that mean new "thinner" tires? I have 205 55 R16's on the existing stock 16s right now and when I have a load in the back seat (i.e. 3 big kids) and go over a significantly sized bump, I hear a rubbing noise. Almost like the sound a tire makes rubbing aganist the wheel arch or something.

Thanks

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ugly, and low quality, American Racing is trash, I would save a little more and get something even better. Check into some OZ rims

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
mwhelan said:
Hotfocus/Vin-Sanity: I hadn't thought about 17s... But that brings up a new question ... Would that mean new "thinner" tires? I have 205 55 R16's on the existing stock 16s right now and when I have a load in the back seat (i.e. 3 big kids) and go over a significantly sized bump, I hear a rubbing noise. Almost like the sound a tire makes rubbing aganist the wheel arch or something.

Thanks
With 17" rims you would have thinner tires. But this shouldn't really cause anymore rubbing than what you are experiecing now. I used to have 18" rims on my car and the rear never rubbed, even with a full load. You might want to have your shocks checked out.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
205 55?? man thats huge, i wouldnt go any bigger than a 50 because any bigger is kinda goofy lookin IMO. i have 205 45 yokohama parada's on my 16s, they look sweet. id go with 17s and get 215-45 or 215 40

·
Registered
565 Posts
EuroZX3Focus said:
Ugly, and low quality, American Racing is trash, I would save a little more and get something even better. Check into some OZ rims
[werd]

·
Registered
847 Posts
If you have 16's with 55 series tires on that might be why you rub, should have 50 series.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
EuroZX3Focus said:
[werd] No offense, Those wheels are PsOS. I recommend checking out the used parts section for some wheels if you want to save some money on something better.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Rims look nice, IMO, cheap but nice. but i do think the 17s would look better.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey i was looking inot getting 17s also, but i was wondering how they would be in the snow since i live in connecticut we get sometimes feet of snow.. i wanted to know if i can ride 17s yearly or have to change back to the stocks in the winter [???:)]

·
Registered
489 Posts
focuzzz said:
hey i was looking inot getting 17s also, but i was wondering how they would be in the snow since i live in connecticut we get sometimes feet of snow.. i wanted to know if i can ride 17s yearly or have to change back to the stocks in the winter [???:)]
i live in the winter wonderland also known as Calgary in Canada. The best thing to do would be to have your winter tires on your stock rims, then when spring come slap on your 17s or 18s or whatever the case may be. I don't have 17s yet, but i'm looking into some. I got this info from guys around town i meet here and there.

By the way, can anyone tell me if there are certain things about rims i should know before i purchase some? i know about :

size
style
colour

what i don't know about is

care
weight
and anything else i haven't considered

you help is greatly appreciated.[thumb]

oh yeah...hey mwhelan...go with the 17s.
if you go with the 16s, you'll probably end up changing your mind the next time you see a focus with 17s or 18s...just my 0.02$

1 - 20 of 25 Posts